lownslowav8r

USC Killed Previous PAC-12 Expansion Efforts

This is the third time USC acted against PAC-12 long term interests. USC fought against the billion dollar equity plan. They killed expansion that would have made the the PAC-12 stronger. Then Folt lied about USC’s "commitment" to the PAC-12 and stabbed everyone else in the back. If the PAC-12 survives, USC leaving will be a blessing in disguise. 

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

During a call with Pac-12 university presidents and athletic directors last year, USC President Carol Folt 'shut down' potential expansion plans.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Karma is coming as I think OSU, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa and Penn St. will win significantly more against the Trojans than they lose.  Once the Ducks get to the B1G, add them to the list of teams that will dish out karma regularly.

I don't blame USC for going to the B1G but this feels like one of those situations where there fans will regret this over the long term.  It will look similar to what Nebraska has been enduring since they joined the B1G....a former blue blood that will never compete at the highest levels again.  

• Cool 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

How can USC be in talks with B1G and simultaneously actively seek to weaken the Pac-12? 

Can you sit on a board of a corporation, shut down proposals that would strengthen that corporation, all while negotiating your jump to said corporations competitor?

How is this even legal?

• Thumbs Up 3

Anyone else feel it is telling how GK said he'd and the rest of the PAC would welcome UCLA back with open arms but that comment didn't seem to stretch to USC? 

Oregon and USC have had a vigorous rivalry as of late. New power vs old blood sort of thing and both fan bases would love nothing more than to cripple the other. 

Now it really does feel like as Oregon we are the good guys. 

I know I'm rooting for everyone who plays the Trojans this year. On the one hand I'd love Oregon to get the chance to smash USC in the championship game but I think I'd rather them have such a miserable season that they don't even reach the championship game. 

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

Kick the cheating lying bastages to the curb NOW. 

• Applause 3

On 7/30/2022 at 5:08 AM, Log Haulin said:

How can USC be in talks with B1G and simultaneously actively seek to weaken the Pac-12? 

Can you sit on a board of a corporation, shut down proposals that would strengthen that corporation, all while negotiating your jump to said corporations competitor?

How is this even legal?

Reminds me of our last coach

• Haha 2

On 7/30/2022 at 5:48 AM, David Marsh said:

but that comment didn't seem to stretch to USC

I think it was said that way since only UCLA's move is in question.  usc doesn't have the Board of Regents, politicians and the Cal issue to worry about.

Most of us, if not all, dislike 2 faced people. You know those that say one thing to your face then go behind your back. They enhance their position behind the scenes while lying to the faces of those who they betray.

Oregon has experienced this with Taggart and MC. and along with the PAC and GK, enter the BIG Commissioner, ucla and uscuck!

The damage is done and sports will go on at all these institutions. So lets move forward to what the PAC and fans can do. Because if i continue to post what i feel about these people and institutions, well the post will get eliminated.

First, the PAC for the next 2 seasons needs to go back to the divisions. Why? If you look at usucks schedule in the PAC they can easily navigate a 9-0 or 8-1 conference record. The traitors do not play Oregon or washington this year.

Lets say they only lose to Utah and the Utes run the table. That would normally eliminate them from the title game. Not any more. The Ducks and Trojans could end up tied for 2nd in the new format.

That gives the Ducks one loss and no room for a single slip up. Not one more conference loss. Anybody know what the tie breaking system is? The Ducks are capable of 9-0 however how many times have they or any PAC school done that.

The PAC 10 members should move quickly. Make uscuck earn it..... I know many on this Forum dont feel uscuck can turn it around that quick. Lets face it they added a solid coaching staff, won the portal battle and recruited strong. And the rest of the PAC, besides Utes & Ducks, sucks. They lose to FCS schools and MWC schools.

Second, On realignment the Ducks should get after Texas and OU. The marriage with the PAC is a better fit. Add OK State and one more BIG 12 school and revenues could climb above $50 million.

Going bold isnt just for the SEC and BIG. You pull Texas and OU from the SEC to the PAC then 2 things will happen. Fox and other networks will jump in to the bidding war. Then ESPN will up their bid. Go big or go home ..........

Third, PAC fans and boosters start supporting your schools like Oregon does. Fill the stands, organize and develope better NIL offerings  Look at Texas Tech for one example.

Thanks for allowing me to vent. Have great weekend OBDF members.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would rather the Pac 12 survive and expand with Oregon as the premiere program. The more I hear of USC actively trying to weaken the Pac while also looking to leave just because they have hurt feelings, makes me think it’d be a bigger badge staying than following them.

GK has to have something cooking. Look at where he came from. The fastest growing sports city in the world. I’d have to think that his connections in Vegas help. 

Edited by Coach Eric Boles
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/30/2022 at 5:08 AM, Log Haulin said:

can USC be in talks with B1G and simultaneously actively seek to weaken the Pac-12? 

Sorry, we’re not allowed to talk about pol*tics.

• Haha 2

I guess we know where the University of Spoiled Children got their entitled attitude.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/30/2022 at 10:39 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Going bold isnt just for the SEC and BIG. You pull Texas and OU from the SEC to the PAC then 2 things will happen. Fox and other networks will jump in to the bidding war. Then ESPN will up their bid. Go big or go home ..........

I really like your idea of going bold. That’d really be something if they could pull that off. 

Either way, I would still go after SDSU and UNLV.  SDSU because of the obvious southern Cali reach, and they’re an ascending program, and UNLV because I think you have to lock down all things Vegas. I’ll beat that horse to death. Quickly growing in the sports world and the Pac should lock it up with the former MGM exec as commissioner. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I've been pondering a response to the OP while reading other responses, and I've had to conclude that anything I might write from the heart will significantly violate our TOS (which I have TON of respect for, BTW).  Suffice to say that I wish the worst for the usuck backstabbers, and the best for us.  In terms of music, I'm a big Avenged Sevenfold fan.  Letting that band name soak in for a few moments is the closest I can come (here) to saying my true feelings.

I like the idea of go big or go home!  Time to go big!! (and I'm not meaning B1G btw...)  I want something that stays more local but comes together to kick butt!!  Time to take charge!

Go Ducks!!

GK should move the format back to division winners going to the Pac12 championship game.  The removal of that was mainly to benefit whiny USC.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/30/2022 at 7:02 AM, Steven A said:

I think it was said that way since only UCLA's move is in question.  usc doesn't have the Board of Regents, politicians and the Cal issue to worry about.

True... 

But it wouldn't have taken much for his comments to basically say... "We'd welcome both schools back with open arms" or something of that nature. 

It just feels like there is a lot of bad blood sort USC. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/30/2022 at 11:08 AM, David Marsh said:

It just feels like there is a lot of bad blood sort USC. 

As there should be as they were the instigator and ucla just the ugly step-sister in the deal.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/30/2022 at 11:15 AM, Steven A said:

ucla just the ugly step-sister in the deal.

UCLA is the "best friend" in a horror movie. We all know why they're there. We all know what's going to happen.

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/30/2022 at 7:39 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Isn't the SEC negotiating a new media contract right now?  I imagine Texas and Oklahoma have already been required to grant media rights to the conference.  

Noted in the article that the ADs from USC and UCLA did not even bother

to attend the media day. Such cowards. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/30/2022 at 11:34 AM, jrw said:

Noted in the article that the ADs from USC and UCLA did not even bother

to attend the media day. Such cowards. 

I thought I read that they either were not invited, or advised to decline by the Pac-12.  Not sure though...

The President of Oregon was not there either, although many other university presidents were.  Trying to stop leaks before they happen?  Or not wanting to answer for giving Larry-Living-Large a pass as long as he did?

Mr. FishDuck

• Thanks 1

It's unlikely but what would be hilarious is if UCLA were forced to stay, leaving USC on a literal island and the B10 getting only part of the LA market they covet so.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Reclaim UCLA, add SDSU and wave goodbye to the spoiled children.  Let them play every home game at night and travel 2,000 miles for every away game.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 7/30/2022 at 6:00 PM, McDuck said:

Reclaim UCLA, add SDSU and wave goodbye to the spoiled children.  Let them play every home game at night and travel 2,000 miles for every away game.

I'd take that any day of the week.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 7/30/2022 at 5:48 AM, David Marsh said:

Anyone else feel it is telling how GK said he'd and the rest of the PAC would welcome UCLA back with open arms but that comment didn't seem to stretch to USC? 

Oregon and USC have had a vigorous rivalry as of late. New power vs old blood sort of thing and both fan bases would love nothing more than to cripple the other. 

Now it really does feel like as Oregon we are the good guys. 

I know I'm rooting for everyone who plays the Trojans this year. On the one hand I'd love Oregon to get the chance to smash USC in the championship game but I think I'd rather them have such a miserable season that they don't even reach the championship game. 

George would take USC back in a split second, but since they are a private school there is zero chance of that. Ucla was brought up because they are getting backlash from the state. 

• Thanks 1