30Duck

Avalos Interviewed by Boise State

16 minutes ago, Jon Joseph said:

I see this as a step up for Andy and a step down for Kellen?

Interesting, reporter's name is Dan Hawk and not Dan Hawkins, who coached at Boise.

It depends on where their heart is.

Choate is the fall back guy if Avalos and Moore don't want it. Ordinarily, this would be a step backwards for Moore. It would be a little different if this was the Boise State when Moore was playing. But, it isn't. THe only reason I can see Moore taking the job is Jerry Jones.

For Avalos, it is a step up, from DC to HC. But, a few more years of success @ Oregon as the DC, and he will be looking at much better offers than going home again. 

2 hours ago, 30Duck said:

Hold your horses! Or Broncos in this case.

Just to complicate matters. 

It sounds like boise state is a bit stretched for cash right now which doesn't bode well for resources. The mountain west has come a long way since the Peterson days where BSU ran the conference. 

With this latest news it looks like the job is Choat's, if he wants it. I don't know why Avalos or Moore would even interview now. 

Unnamed sources aside, it appears neither Avalos or Moore had as of Monday afternoon interviewed for the job. Boise State must first land an AD. 

Moore has signed a contract extension with the Dallas Cowboys. Down to Choate and Avalos?

Dunno how things are going to go with Avalos, but I bet that Boise looks a lot better this morning than it did yesterday morning...

A years work into developing Oregon's defense is going to yield something truly special. A years work in Boise, maybe not so much. If I was Avalos I wouldn't go anywhere, but I enjoy green and yellow more than blue turf, just me. I do love Avalos, he is a class act, and wish him well with whatever he chooses!