NJDuck

Canzano: Mailbag Deals With Betrayal, Potential UCLA Flip-Flop, and Sneaker Waves

Once you go down to the questions and answers section there are some interesting thoughts from Canzano. Maybe ESPN tries flipping UCLA back to the Pac-12 with some incentives?  A new media deal would be most likely 4-5 years.

Edited by NJDuck
  • Thanks 2

Thanks NJDuck for posting Canzano's missives here.  I'm subscribed, and get all these in my email, but for some reason when you post them here they are much more readable.  I have enjoyed reading Canzano for many years - don't always agree with him, but I like his style.

Thanks again for taking the time to post these!

OlCodgerDuck

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't even think the contract should go that long, since things are so fluid.  A three year contract that is amendable and flexible in case Oregon gets a B1G invite.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/30/2022 at 2:47 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I don't even think the contract should go that long, since things are so fluid.  A three year contract that is amendable and flexible in case Oregon gets a B1G invite.

I agree!  Don't want a long contract.  Oregon needs to wait and hold out from signing a contractual agreement as long as possible.

If Oregon runs out of time and have to sign, they need to have concessions in the contract that would be beneficial enough for them.

Edited by NJDuck
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1