DuckIt

Miami is Pulling Out All the Stops to Flip Dickey

The mayor of Coral Gables met with him and presented him the Key to the City. 

Also, the same weekend that he is visiting, Miami is having their cookout and saw to it that their BIG GUNS from IMG were present to help recruit Dickey.

Edited by DuckIt

FY4GTTvUIAAjzBY.jpg.fb5d791cf914b794a7403134a5c227ba.jpg

As a fan of Oregon I was never impressed by Cristobal coaching the team

but.........his recruiting was world class

• Thumbs Up 1

Any receiver that plays for a Cristobal offense is crazy, (talk to Micah Pittman at Florida State) and he will eventually see that and stick with Oregon.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/30/2022 at 5:35 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Any receiver that plays for a Cristobal offense is crazy, and he will eventually see that and stick with Oregon.

I certainly hope so.  But when a truckload of money is likely involved, all bets are off.

Who Lanning is at Oregon and Cristobal is at Miami will soon be crystal clear. When that happens recruits will have an even easier time making their decision. I will say if it comes down to money, we don't want the recruits. Team and the young mans long term future need to be priority number one.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Don't like it either and it is crazy what college sports have evolved to versus what we used to enjoy. That said, I can see how anybody would want more money versus less money. If I like a couple of schools and they are both close in mind I would certainly use an extra $500K or $1M as a tiebreaker when making my final decision. Let's hope we can compete to keep him.

On 7/30/2022 at 5:48 PM, Haywarduck said:

Team and the young mans long term future need to be priority number one

I 100% agree!

...still it would be nice if some of the Oregon lineman would get some NIL love.    

• Thumbs Up 2

I am very worried about Dickey.  I think (no sources, no special insights) he is very vulnerable to being flipped.  I won't be one bit surprised if he opens his recruitment up and I am dubous of the story that the move to SoCal is for family reasons.  I hope I am wrong.

On 7/30/2022 at 5:35 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Any receiver that plays for a Cristobal offense is crazy, (talk to Micah Pittman at Florida State) and he will eventually see that and stick with Oregon.

Dicky was on record saying he wasn't interested in Oregon when MC was here because the offense was so anti-receiver.

Amazing what NIL does to change people's minds.