FishDuck Article

Who Leads the 2022 Ducks in Touchdowns?

This will be a fun season, and Dan Lanning is going to get the best out of this squad. I fully believe it. That means with a new offense, there will be a ton of new contributors. One of them will end up leading Our Beloved Ducks in touchdowns. Today, I want to explore who we could see being the Touchdown ...

Snag_21ec34-300x300-cropped.png?p=196626
FISHDUCK.COM

Travis Dye is gone. Oregon football needs a new touchdown king in 2022, and we know the perfect man for the job here at Fishduck.com in...
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Byron Cardwell.

• Thumbs Up 2

Alex wrote, "At the end of the day, I want to see the win column measure up to the lofty expectations Lanning has. But it wouldn’t hurt to jump out of my seat here and there along the way." 

I agree Alex, an exciting offense will be great to watch again! But I have to say it will be a running back leading the scorers.  😁

Thanks for sharing this article!

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Byron Cardwell wins the job and is our most productive scorer. I think he's also our "closer" as well...As far as the jumping out of your chair player? We all know 7 McGee is gonna be electric, but I also concur that Thornton is gonna have his share of Sportscenter moments. I think he makes 3-4 "You got Moss'd" touchdown catches this year that make national news...

• Thumbs Up 2

Will McGee be DAT 1.0? If so then my bets are on him leading the TD wars. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm going with a RB other than Cardwell.

Just a feeling 

Someone we don't know about will get hot and explode 

Im going way out on a limb--Chase Cota😁

• Applause 1

My money is on Dollars.

If I'm right, we can nick name him Crypto.

On 8/1/2022 at 7:45 AM, Wrathis said:

I think Byron Cardwell wins the job and is our most productive scorer. I think he's also our "closer" as well...As far as the jumping out of your chair player? We all know 7 McGee is gonna be electric, but I also concur that Thornton is gonna have his share of Sportscenter moments. I think he makes 3-4 "You got Moss'd" touchdown catches this year that make national news...

Would LOVE to see 3-4 of these Moss'd moments from Thornton. He's a standout talent looking to make a splash, and if becomes a consistent deep threat with that track speed too? He could be the next big-time receiver in the PAC-12. 

• Applause 1

On 8/1/2022 at 12:39 PM, Steven A said:

My money is on Dollars.

If I'm right, we can nick name him Crypto.

Want to see a big year out of Big Sean too, love this lol.

Crypto Cutback Dollars.

• Applause 1

On 8/1/2022 at 6:18 AM, Smith72 said:

Alex wrote, "At the end of the day, I want to see the win column measure up to the lofty expectations Lanning has. But it wouldn’t hurt to jump out of my seat here and there along the way." 

I agree Alex, an exciting offense will be great to watch again! But I have to say it will be a running back leading the scorers.  😁

Thanks for sharing this article!

Thanks for reading!

Can't help but count on the backfield. Just want a bonified number 1 to make me "get my popcorn ready" again at Oregon. One can only hope, I guess.

In Lanning we trust.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/1/2022 at 9:02 AM, shawnski said:

I'm going with a RB other than Cardwell.

Just a feeling 

Someone we don't know about will get hot and explode 

Wouldn't be surprised with our recruiting staff!

Dollars could make splash as Steven said, but I can't leave anyone off the books to be our next Touchdown King. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm trusting in Coach Locklyn!  Running Back Coach will get'er done!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/1/2022 at 6:08 AM, Notalot said:

Byron Cardwell.

Cardwell could very well be the next beast of the backfield. Can't wait to see Lanning unleash him, in the case he gets the bulk of reps in a Royce Freeman-esque role. 

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 7:54 AM, GODUCKS15 said:

Will McGee be DAT 1.0? If so then my bets are on him leading the TD wars. 

I wouldn't want to risk injury to our #1 scorer, but you're absolutely onto something if he was put back for kick return and punts. I think he could easily tear up on special teams this year and be the sweep, screen, and six-point sweetness Oregon needs.

• Applause 1

Cardwell or Irving ... Whoever really gets the start and the touches. 

I feel for receivers though it may be Cota. He showed in the spring game he had some Jeff Mael like tendencies that enabled him to get open or even just make the catch in traffic. Mael found a way to get the ball... I feel Cota has that ability and if it comes out then he is going to be the go to target for the QB... Especially in the red zone. 

McGee is going to be fun and electrifying to watch. Franklin and Thornton are going to have their moment and like McGee I feel all three can be home run hitters. 

But for receivers... I feel Cota is going to just make things happen when they NEED to happen. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Seven for seven

• Applause 2

I'm going to go with a TE Ferguson. Matchup nightmare.

A ton of touchdowns are short yardage, power-stuff.  I am not sure that Cardwell is that kind of back; Irving might be, but the new incoming freshman running back Jordan Bryant-James who is 5'10" and 200 lbs.?  Sounds stout...

University of Oregon adds running back Jordan James to the fold

Mr. FishDuck

Im a fan of the passing game-I want to see some bombs. Sorry I cant help myself. Its like music to my eyes.

• Thumbs Up 1

So many targets both on the ground and through the air.  Tough choice.  Especially not knowing the pecking order of the Two Deep yet.  I want more balance in the offense, but I do feel there will be a higher percentage of runs.

I just realized every RB is a Sophomore or below.  I like Whittington for his experience, but he's small.  I feel the same about Irving & Dollars.  That leaves either Cardwell or James, so I'll go with Cardwell based on experience alone.

In this new offense I am convinced we will see more misdirection with the usage of the tight ends standing in the end zone wide open cause no one picked them up. Would be fun to watch.