FishDuck Article

Regarding Bo Nix: Beware ‘Bandwagon Buy-In’

On 8/5/2022 at 7:25 PM, Bob Rodes said:

It's always fun to work with a guy who writes such interesting articles. Keep up the good work, Daze!

Bob, my editor! Thanks for all you have taught me, and your time invested!

The truth is I'm just a guy who has some football chops that lays out a rough story. You edited this story and made it read ten times smoother than what I wrote. 

It's been humbling working you and now Natalie on the last few articles. I'll try to keep learning. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/3/2022 at 4:10 AM, Kurt Rambis said:

My biggest fear about the Ducks' season is that we'll waste a year finding out that Nix pretty much is who he showed he was at Auburn.  Are Butterfield or Thompson ready?  No idea.  But if we don't have a reliable QB1, this season is toast before it begins.

I'd rather have growing pains with one of the young guys and have a great QB for late in the season and next year, than spend much of the year watching Nix implode and then switching to one of the younger QBs when it's too late.  

Maybe Nix will start and be terrific.  I just fear otherwise given what he's shown in his career thus far.

A big part of the quality we strive for is from the diligence of the volunteer editors; so many hours, and they make it so more fun to read.  (I know I could not live without them at times!)

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/8/2022 at 6:14 PM, Charles Fischer said:

A big part of the quality we strive for is from the diligence of the volunteer editors; so many hours, and they make it so more fun to read.  (I know I could not live without them at times!)

Yes sir! 

I thank you and my editors for your work.

Watching last years Auburn vs Georgia game and not only will you get to see Lanning's defense but you also get to see Bo in action.

Bo was hamstrung by receivers dropping the ball not unlike Herbert and his tenure at Oregon. You can tell Bo starts to get frustrated just like when Herbert got rattled and started trying to do too much because he had no confidence in his WR's.

I counted five passes in the first half that hit the receiver in the hands and were dropped and one was tipped and resulted in a interception. Many of these passes were on crucial third downs and one was in the end zone.

I realize this is a small sample size but with our current crop of WR's this should be less of a problem.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/4/2022 at 5:07 PM, DazeNconfused said:

Look guys it's an opinion piece. My opinion is that Bo Nix hasn't been very good. If that bothers you, then I'm sorry. 

But I'm hoping Nix has a great year, I'm not looking to be proven right! Go Ducks!

You could always just change your opinion?  You want to be right or happy?

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2022 at 12:45 PM, Pac10again said:

You could always just change your opinion?  You want to be right or happy?

I don't think you understand...

I am grateful to have writers put their pride and credibility on the line with their opinion articles.  It is easy to wave the pom-poms all the time, but it is tougher to call it as you see it.

I've done that a ton, and been quite right, and at times quite wrong.  No sweat.  That is what makes it all interesting to discuss and in those discussions we learn from each other and become more informed fans as a result.  No downside.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck