Charles Fischer

In 2022...Do Cheerleader Photos Inspire or Offend?

Charles, it seems to me that the overall viewpoint is...neither.

For most people, they don't offend.  But they often don't particularly inspire, either.  They're part of the game atmosphere like the fans and the band, and almost everyone here seems to think there's nothing wrong with including some tasteful cheerleader photos (I assume all photos on here will be tasteful; we don't particularly need to see a gruesome injury or some drunk fan barfing in the parking lot).  But relatively few will be bothered if there aren't any.

So it sounds like it's entirely up to you, and that most of us won't be particularly bothered one way or the other.

On 8/5/2022 at 7:22 AM, DUCKED said:

But have you noticed they rarely, if ever, feature a male cheerleader? It’s because the person behind the camera is a guy.

That reminds me of Brent Musburger whenever the camera lingered on a buxom fan in the stands. You could practically hear him drooling and leering. And of course we could hear his lascivious comments! Ick!

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2022 at 11:01 AM, Annie said:

That reminds me of Brent Musburger whenever the camera lingered on a buxom fan in the stands. You could practically hear him drooling and leering. And of course we could hear his lascivious comments! Ick!

Brent was bad but Mike Rice of the Blazers was worse LOL

• Haha 1

For me; I’m more offended by the article than I am watching our cheerleaders!

Seriously!  Our cheerleaders give off a rather tasteful but sexy vibe.  So what.  As far as In concerned our entire program is “sexy” and it is obviously paying dividends!

https://sicovers.com/featured/university-of-oregon-qb-jason-fife-september-29-2003-sports-illustrated-cover.html

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pictures don’t objectify, people do.  These young ladies and men that cheerlead love what they do and are proud of it.  It adds to the game in my opinion and I have no problem if pictures are included on this sight.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

I believe you should show the cheerleaders pictures. They are, and have been, a part of the heritage of the game. Not to mention just how hard they work at their craft, men and women. I say they should be allowed to wear whatever they feel comfortable wearing. The cheerleaders know that they are being looked at, ogled/ leered at. Whatever you want to call it. The women choose to wear those outfits. I'm sure they work hard to stay fit/in shape. They all want to be noticed, so...show 'em. Thanks.