Tandaian

Which Pac-12 Coaches Mean the Most to Their Teams

USATSI_18138834_168381178_lowres-1200x62
SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

A good college football coach does more than just inspire. He can help turn things around for a program. Some Pac-12 coaches will need to this year.

OK, so you really thought we’d start with anyone else?

No, there was absolutely no chance this article would start with any other coach.

• Mic drop 1

Ok, I thought I was over conference realignment stuff...and honestly I am.  However, I'm now even more over hearing about the crowning of Lincoln Riley.  As a matter of fact, those two things have something in common: USC. 

I'm sick of them. I'm sick of reading about them, hearing about them and sick of seeing them plastered over anything college football related I try to look at.  I need them to get beat, badly...by Stanford, the Beavs, the Cougs, and the Utes.  I'm wanting to Caleb Williams to get absolutely demolished and then have the player that does it run over to the sideline and point at Lincoln Riley like Gary Burtier did in Remember the Titans.  I need them to become an anathema, a cautionary tale told only in whispers that people are scared to talk about for fear whatever curse befell the Trojans will now fall on them.

Most of all I'm sorry...sorry to have rambled on about this. Sorry knowing that you all have to be as sick of them already as I am...and yet here I am writing about them and you're stuck reading it. That's my fault.  I offer my apologies and leave you with this: hope. Hope that they fail miserably. Hope that they end the season worse off than the puppies up north. Hope that they and their dreaded coliseum fall off into the blue waters of the Pacific never to be heard from again...and that if somehow they manage to make the PAC-12 Championship, I hope Noah, Justin, Bradyn, Brandon, Popo and company are as sick of hearing about them as we are and act accordingly.

• Applause 2

We have so many assistants who would be the most important coach on other teams it isn't even close. I would take our head coach and our assistants over any of these named coaches, end of story! 

The only guy I would take, if he retired and came on as a consultant, is Kyle Whittingham. He is the best coach in the Pac-?

Donte Williams would be a close 2nd for me.

There are only two headlines USC deserves so far. One, “4-8 Team Hires New Coach”. Two, “Has Been School Fleas Perpetual Conference Domination”.