Charles Fischer

Ruh-Roh! USC....

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Maybe he doesn't want to play in BIG 10 winters! He is a California kid.

• Thumbs Up 1

$$$. USC is going to have to pony up. 

Well you probably never have any top free agent locked in until they actually sign the LOI. Malachi is probably confident he will be in the NFL so why not play in the NFL light league for the highest bidder.

Then you have them as long as they feel they are getting treated the way they want to be treated. Or then they hit the portal.

Just another sign of future changes in the landscape of college sports.

I am genuinely distraught that this could happen to such a fine, straight shooting school like USC.......

NOT..........

• Haha 4
  • Mic drop 1

Leverage, if you don’t have any get some

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I mean how is going to afford to tatt up the other arm, and get real diamond studs for his ears if he stays at sc? He probably wants to get some nicer sun glasses to play in too. His posse is probably in his ear giving him some great guidance as well, what can go wrong?

Texas atM has signed six DL/Edge guys who are five-stars in the last two classes. On top of that they have three more dudes who were Top 100 and three more who are four stars. So, they got 12 dudes the last two years on the line. 

Last year they signed 18 Top 100 players with eight of them five stars! They got four five-star DL, two five -star WR, a five-star CB and QB. 

Trust me they stocked up other positions with the rest of the Top 100 kids.

If I'm an elite QB and want to win a Natty I would look really hard at the Aggies as they have the most loaded DL in all of football and also have dudes at LB and DB also. 

USC might have lots of skill guys, but they don't have the defense guys like the Aggies.

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/5/2022 at 10:26 AM, DazeNconfused said:

USC might have lots of skill guys, but they don't have the defense guys like the Aggies.

If I were a top-tier QB, I'd be looking for a team that is recruiting the best O-line in football, period. Then I'd look at WR's and then defense.  While I felt Arch chose Texas bc it's a Blue-Blood where he can build his own legacy by bringing them back to relevancy, they also have recruited 5ea 4 or 5 star offensive linemen last year. (Kelvin Banks anyone?)

USC by contrast has 1ea 3* committed this cycle and brought in 1ea 0* recruit and one 3* transfer for 2022.  Hell, even 2021's class only had 3ea 3*'s!  Yeah, I wouldn't want to go there either no matter how many stars the receivers have!

I think he has his own well being at heart and I for one can't at all blame him for that...

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/5/2022 at 9:28 AM, Wrathis said:

If I were a top-tier QB, I'd be looking for a team that is recruiting the best O-line in football, period. Then I'd look at WR's and then defense.  While I felt Arch chose Texas bc it's a Blue-Blood where he can build his own legacy by bringing them back to relevancy, they also have recruited 5ea 4 or 5 star offensive linemen last year. (Kelvin Banks anyone?)

USC by contrast has 1ea 3* committed this cycle and brought in 1ea 0* recruit and one 3* transfer for 2022.  Hell, even 2021's class only had 3ea 3*'s!  Yeah, I wouldn't want to go there either no matter how many stars the receivers have!

I think he has his own well being at heart and I for one can't at all blame him for that...

Agree, if you are siging on to sc at qb you better know how to run.

There best guy on the O-line was honorable mention all-pac-? That would be like having Anthony Brown, honorable mention all pac-? back at qb, yikes!

• Go Ducks! 1

Cash.....pure cash.....and now its all legal. The old days are history. 

On 8/5/2022 at 12:44 PM, fred flintstone said:

You think not having any protection whatsoever has anything to do with it?!  USC hasn't recruited hardly any linemen at all in the last 3-4 years and you feel it's completely about cash?  Interesting...

On 8/5/2022 at 8:09 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Well you probably never have any top free agent locked in until they actually sign the LOI.

Even the LOI doesn't seem to matter too much any more. More and more players are actually getting out of the LOI for any number of reasons. 

That and the transfer portal has kind of made them obsolete. 

• Great post! 1

Riley at USC is still going to draw elite QBs. He's put Mayfield, Murry and Hurts into the NFL, good QBs will come to him

Riley’s contract and housing costs may start to seem overpriced if he starts losing these types of recruits. This is all about creating a bidding war for this kid’s potential. 

SC showed their shade of crimson with the way they jumped out of conference. Super shady moment with shady past tells you all you need to know. 

Perhaps this kid is looking for integrity and upright. Nah!... it's the cash!

• Haha 2

On 8/5/2022 at 10:44 AM, fred flintstone said:

How is today any different than the old days, especially at SC?  Higher amounts and transparency, I'll grant you.  

Did he say USCya later ? Gosh, I'm hurt 😁