Pennsylvania Duck

'Guys are Attacking'--Everything Tosh Lupoi Said About Ducks Defense on Saturday

USATSI_18032951.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Tosh Lupoi is fired up about the direction of this defense. There is a ton to improve on, but his confidence on Saturday was palpable.

Edited by Pennsylvania Duck
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Here is video of Coach Lupoi's full interview that goes with the above article. One thing about this coach, he presents as no nonsense, a straight shooter with his  answers.

Edited by Pennsylvania Duck
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't have predicted it with all the hand wringing over Mari and Prevent Offense that it would be the defense that has me most excited about this season. Of course, I love seeing all the news coming out about Dillingham and explosive plays, but it is the defense, and "Guys are attacking" that I've been slurping since Lupoi got to Oregon!

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oregon defense had glaring shortcoming last year. Specifically red zone and 3rd down efficiency.  They couldn't get off the field. How they won 10 is a head scratcher.

As much as we rail on Mariø offense the defense was just as incompetent. Maybe more so. 

The vibe is super high right now. The talent is top 10 (6th per OBDF post). Hoping this years version of Duck D has no resemblance of last year.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2