Pennsylvania Duck

Ducks Interior D-Line Restocked with Experience, Depth...Lanning: This is Where to Build Strength

Like how Lanning and coaches recognized and recruited to enhance this area.

V5A6S6IIJFGBJHQ2EKQDS4ZHWI.jpg
WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

No position group has been more significantly and enormously enhanced for the Ducks this offseason

Edited by Pennsylvania Duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

Rather than relying on the elite LB group they went out and built up the D-line, brilliant. D-line sets the tone, and if there is to be havoc we need to have an up front push. When the O-line can't control the D-line the qb is hurried and in a panic.

It may not have been the O-line which was so poor at Auburn for Bo, just the dominate D-lines in the south. D-lines, in the south, grow up on a steady diet of qb's and barbecue sauce. I look forward to our D-line wearing out opposing teams. 

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Glad to read this article.

Much of the news regarding recruiting at Oregon highlights perimeter players and skill position players.  So much so that even given Lanning’s background, I was feeling as if the lines on both sides of the ball were being slightly overlooked. 

Should have know I was wrong about that, and that I should just trust that DL has things under control. 🙂

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Good timing on this article, as we have more--a FishDuck article tomorrow by yours-truly where a bold assertion is made...

giphy.gif

• Cool 1

Mr. FishDuck

I love the recognition by the coaches that the cupboards weren’t bare when they arrived. 

And even better to see the cupboards starting to overflow!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good to see a rah-rah write up on the D-line. With the closing speed of Duck LB's and exceptional D-line play, maybe Ducks can flip the narrative. Rest of the Pac becomes one dimensional offensively when playing the Ducks.

• Go Ducks! 1

Lanning was a great hire. 

• Thumbs Up 1