Pennsylvania Duck

First USA Today Coaches Poll, Ducks Just Miss Top 10

Article regarding poll...

AAPDfDv.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=
WWW.MSN.COM

The 2022 college football season is around the corner and the first USA TODAY AFCA coaches poll has been tabulated and published...

Just released Poll

footer-logo.png
WWW.USATODAY.COM

Full results in the Football Coaches Poll for August 8, 2022. See who NCAA college football head coaches chose in their Top 25.

• Go Ducks! 1

Notre Dame and USC overrated as usual I see. 

I would put us in the 10-15 range pre-season, of course I think our ceiling is much higher than that.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Salute 1

The biggest joke is Clemson at #4. DJ gave them terrible QB play last year- 9TD and 10 picks, his passer rating was ridiculous low.

They will probably have to turn to Cade Klubnick who is a five-star true Frosh who was the #1 OB in last year's class on the 247 Composite.

I'm not saying Clemson can't be a Top 4 team, but they won't out of the gate with Klubnik until later in the season as he improves. No way they are a Top 4 team right now with DJ. 

I can just see DJ getting beat out, his brother Matayo committing to the Ducks, then DJ transfers and we start him over Ty and Moore next year.

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nice to see our program get a little respect, but I look forward to us earning a lot of respect as the season progresses. The respect one wants is earned!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I see Beavis got 2 votes. Fusky got nothing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is a viewpoint on the polling from an analyst that you may agree with.

AA10rShI.img?h=315&w=600&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=
WWW.MSN.COM

This Monday morning, the official 2022 preseason coaches' poll released. Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, Clemson and Notre Dame...

• Thumbs Up 1

It’s odd that Texas is starting out ranked in the top 20.  

(edit)…. It’s also odd to me that USC is starting out ranked in the top 20.  I understand major changes are afoot, but they were not good last season.  

Edited by SoGaDawg

Article about 5 teams this author feels is over-rated. Some of you have shown agreement.

6a4785e2-d973-4f85-bc5f-f6ef7e23f5e5-USA
WWW.USATODAY.COM

Several teams will not live up to their billing after being ranked in the preseason poll. Here are the five teams that are the most...

• Thumbs Up 2