FishDuck Article

Justin Flowe: Oregon’s Next All-American Linebacker

Redshirt freshman LB Justin Flowe is Oregon’s second-highest rated commit of all time, behind 2021 All American Kayvon Thibodeaux. Will all the stars align for Flowe to have a breakout 2022 season, and set the college football world ablaze in the Dan Lanning defense? Being your ever faithful Duck writer with a keen ear on the Duck football beat, I ...

Justin-Flowe3_Eric-Evans-UO-Athletics-Tw
FISHDUCK.COM

Will Justin Flowe remain healthy? That is the big question Oregon Duck fans want to know. In two years, Flowe played a total of two games.

• Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Justin Flowe is the real deal. Though Oregon fans have seen little of Justin Flowe, the eagle-eyed NFL scouts have undoubtedly identified his overflowing talent, speed, instincts, motor, and football accumen. 

Flowe is a highlight reel waiting to happen. Flowe's play this season should key Oregon's defense.

The Ducks schedule will likely become Thunder Road.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just think we should be aware of a few things this season.

Records

206                           Most Tackles in a season 1969

22                             Most Tackles in a game    1983

13                             Most Sacks in a season    1993/2008

With Flowe and Sewell we may be setting a few new records. I will also say after next years draft they may be calling us LBU!

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Another HR DNC. Flowe is unlike anyone I’ve ever seen at LB at Oregon. Let’s hope he stays healthy.

I wonder how NFL teams will evaluate his prospects if he manages to play a full season. Would they overlook his many earlier injuries and take a chance that he could play regularly at the next level or would they want to see him play another year in college without injury? 

Nothing would be better than to see Flowe have an epic season. I think Flowe and Sewell are a dream combo. My fingers are crossed that he can be injury free.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/12/2022 at 6:23 AM, Drex Heikes said:

Another HR DNC. Flowe is unlike anyone I’ve ever seen at LB at Oregon. Let’s hope he stays healthy.

I wonder how NFL teams will evaluate his prospects if he manages to play a full season. Would they overlook his many earlier injuries and take a chance that he could play regularly at the next level or would they want to see him play another year in college without injury? 

I know I want to see him play another season in college without injury. Wouldn't that be amazing to have both Sewell and Flowe back for a 4th year, I can dream can't I! That would be NIL money well spent.

On 8/12/2022 at 6:05 AM, Haywarduck said:

I just think we should be aware of a few things this season.

Records

206                           Most Tackles in a season 1969

22                             Most Tackles in a game    1983

13                             Most Sacks in a season    1993/2008

With Flowe and Sewell we may be setting a few new records. I will also say after next years draft they may be calling us LBU!

Good info!!

I said in my other article I suspect Flowe and Sewell for have their career highs for sacks and TFL in Lanning's scheme. I think DJ and Swinny may do the same.

Do you know what the team season record for sacks is?

On 8/12/2022 at 6:23 AM, Drex Heikes said:

The impact of not having Flowe last year was huge.  Having him for a full season alongside Sewell makes the defense better. Then add in Lanning's scheme and teams are in trouble with the pair. 

Next week we are covering a "Delayed Inside Linebacker Blitz" that was in the Spring Game and that Flowe would be perfect for.  I thought Flowe was faster than Sewell, and the speed times posted recently confirm that.

Justin Flowe_Eric Evans UO Athletics Twitter.jpg

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Last year after Flowe was lost for the season (as was Mathis), opponents could scheme around Sewell as his ILB counterparts were either nowhere near as talented (Heaukulani) or talented but much less experienced (Brown and LaDuke) With a healthy Flowe that will not be the case and attacking the middle of the defense will become much harder be it run or pass. Thunder and lightning indeed.

Crossing my fingers that he stays healthy.  If so, he and Sewell will be an absolute nightmare for the rest of the league.  The only downside will be that they will both only be here for 1 more season...I doubt Noah will return for another.  In Flowe's case, I hope he does.  Having two consecutive healthy, productive seasons will go a long way in assuaging any doubts of his health by NFL scouts.