30Duck

Can We Support a Beaver In The Super Bowl?

Tampa Bay DE, Jason Pierre- Paul is throwing some shade at former Beaver, and current Kansas City OL, Mike Remmers. I feel like Remmers responded appropriately. 

From NBC Sports Northwest

GettyImages-1164574169.jpg?h=a9edb586

Well said and I bet he doesn't dance around when he pancakes JPP, just does his job. I have no problem rooting for an Oregonian in the Super Bowl, doing it the Oregon way.

3 hours ago, Haywarduck said:

Well said and I bet he doesn't dance around when he pancakes JPP, just does his job. I have no problem rooting for an Oregonian in the Super Bowl, doing it the Oregon way.

With you all the way...and the Beavs have quite a few players in the league considering the number of wins they've had.

Mr. FishDuck

I alway want beavers to do well (other  than the during game with no name).

as a 4th generation Oregonian, I like the Beavs second best in the state.

As the big brother in Oregon... Yes, we can support little brother as well. They can never support the ducks but we can give them a little support. 

I do wish the beavers well and want them to win 11/12 games a year... 

I worked out this theory in high school. (No kidding!) It's worked ever since for me.

U of O over everyone. Oregon teams over everyone else. Northwest teams over everyone else. Pac 10 (now 12) over everyone else. West side over everyone else.

Once you get beyond that level, it breaks down, but it works when you just turn on a random game and don't know who to root for, because you don't care.

16 minutes ago, FishIceCream said:

I worked out this theory in high school. (No kidding!) It's worked ever since for me.

U of O over everyone. Oregon teams over everyone else. Northwest teams over everyone else. Pac 10 (now 12) over everyone else. West side over everyone else.

Once you get beyond that level, it breaks down, but it works when you just turn on a random game and don't know who to root for, because you don't care.

I love this, and it makes a ton of sense....

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

27 minutes ago, Charles Fischer said:

I love this, and it makes a ton of sense....

I'll admit that my parents have never seemed to come around to my way of thinking, at least regarding OSU or Washington. But you have to make your own way in life 😉

2 hours ago, FishIceCream said:

Which is why a couple months without Pac-12 football this fall while everyone else seemed to play was absolute hell! 

Oh... Two sec teams are play... Who cares they are probably both over rated anyways and if one is Bama they will probably win... Yawn! 

Oh the ACC is playing... Anyone interesting? Wait.. don't care moving on... 

The Big-12... More like the big smell. 

The pac-12 has their issues... But I do care more which makes all the difference.

Though I do find myself actively rooting against whoever is playing washington. 

The only time I ever rooted for UW was when Jake Locker was leading a late comeback attempt against BYU, and got a delay of game penalty for throwing the ball in the air in his excitement... Typical PAC12 style ref work, but I hate to see something like that decide the biggest game of a kid's life.

Jake didn't get many of those opportunities while suffering the consequences of poor life choices...