Charles Fischer

The Three Parts of the FishDuck Oregon Sports Community Are Now Complete!

We now have the three parts of the FishDuck Oregon Sports Community; 1) the article site, FishDuck, 2) the only forum with decorum, (OBD!) and now 3) the day's articles in the FishDuck Feed unlike anywhere else.  We've already had over 50 articles in one day posted in the FishDuck Feed, and we have access to them without crowding out the great discussion in the main forum area.

Why are we adding the FishDuck Feed?

I counted up the articles posted one day recently in the main area of the forum below and there were THIRTY ONE of them!  (31!) There are so many more great articles out there than I realized and I want a place for them all, and yet have room for tons of conversation about the games/players/coaches when the season starts. 

I love what the Duck News Hunters are doing, and they are bringing us tons of content, and I want it all for everyone; superb articles from FishDuck that provoke discussion, the safe OBD forum to post in, along with a new platform to hold the day's articles. This is the best Data Aggregator for Duck News than what I've seen in many years...there will be anywhere from 20 to 50 articles in a day in the new FishDuck Feed!

We will have a Pinned Topic each day for articles, (the FishDuck Feedand then the main area below the Pinned Topics are retained for the usual discussion.  The Web Developer in England has some thorny tech issues to solve to make this happen in a more automated fashion. 

The new era of the FishDuck Feed has begun!

if you have feedback...email me charles@fishduck.com or reply below and THANKS to Moderators and the Duck News Hunters who give their time for the thousands who read here.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Salute 3
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

This is great Charles.

It gives one thread I can consume a ton of Ducks news in, no more surfing the Web for Ducks news... just straight to the FishDuck Feed

It makes more room for discussion on articles. Davis Marsh's article for tomorrow, and your coming articles will stay up on the front page and be easy to find.

It will also keep the current trending discussions up towards the top of the page, so they are easy to find and follow.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Congratulations, Charles. It's an impressive piece of work.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/16/2022 at 8:08 AM, jrw said:

Congratulations, Charles. It's an impressive piece of work.

Thank you, although the key word in this is "work," as this new addition also created new duties (and time taken) at night in addition to working with the writers, moderators, rule-violators and Duck News Hunters. And oh-yeah...I'm a writer and analyst too.

You just don't know what you're getting into at times, but I am pleased nonetheless.  

I've wanted this for Oregon fans and I for a long time...

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I was using YardBarker for a while and they had plenty of good stuff, plus tending to come out earlier with articles than most others - but they've gone stale recently.  So this is really welcome.

• Thanks 1

FishDuck Feed is just an incredible enhancement to the best Ducks fan compound going. And it was the only place I was able to find a link to news of the Carlton Men's BB game. I am more informed now living in Portland, Maine than I ever was living on Kincaid or Adams Street.

• Thanks 1