David Marsh

Trying Too Hard? Husky Royalty Uniforms

This feels like the Huskies are trying too hard. I have no real issue with the uniform look... It's all white with gold highlights... It's fine and is probably better than their normal flare because of the reduction of purple. 

But royalty? Really? 

Talk about arrogance... But I guess it's what we should expect from the team that has "Bow Down" as their slogan as well. 

I hope they don't lose to an FCS team in these uniforms... Oh wait... I DO hope they lose to an FCS team in these uniforms.

Edited by David Marsh
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

Has a distinct 2008 flavor 

On 8/15/2022 at 10:04 AM, David Marsh said:

But royalty? Really? 

Talk about arrogance... But I guess it's what we should expect from the team that has "Bow Down" as their slogan as well. 

Really captured the ethos of UW.

• Haha 1

The word, statement royalty speaks volumes about the program up north. Royalty means you were born better than anyone else, and don't have to necessarily work to achieve greatness.

I think this mentality has led the program for most of it's recent history. From slick rick, to the sark up to the mistake of lake, they always stepped on the field thinking they won already. I suppose a couple years ago they laid down and thought they won, but that is another story.

I love the uniform and the idea they are royalty. I think it brings out the best in our program, playing guys who think they are better just by putting on a uniform, pathetic.

Another reason I despise them!

I actually really like the unis themselves - very clean.  

And what's wrong with "royalty"?  The Huskies are sort of the Zara Tindall of college football - a nobody who is technically 20th in line to the British throne.  (Which at least is better than being 20th in line to the bathroom.)

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 8/15/2022 at 10:34 AM, Kurt Rambis said:

(Which at least is better than being 20th in line to the bathroom.)

That would be okay at Riley's new house.

Not a dawg fan at all but those are very nice uni's. 

On 8/15/2022 at 10:34 AM, Kurt Rambis said:

They're sort of the Zara Tindall of college football - a nobody who is technically 20th in line to the British throne.  (Which at least is better than being 20th in line to the bathroom.)

Either way, you’re ending up on a throne?

Interesting ‘tell’ that the video only shows the away package. Sending us a message?

Apparently the bow-wow down crowd feels the purple hazy history of that color somehow rubs off on them, linking them to ancient Persia and King Cyrus whose identified as the first to reserve that color for royalty only. 

Persia? Weren’t they the ones who could barely handle 300 Greeks with an army of 300,000? Sounds worthy of being a Husky tradition.

On 8/15/2022 at 9:35 PM, Washington Waddler said:

Either way, you’re ending up on a throne?

In the case of UW, it would be made of porcelain.

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1

On 8/15/2022 at 1:35 PM, Washington Waddler said:

Apparently the bow-wow down crowd feels the purple hazy history of that color somehow rubs off on them, linking them to ancient Persia and King Cyrus whose identified as the first to reserve that color for royalty only. 

Persia? Weren’t they the ones who could barely handle 300 Greeks with an army of 300,000? Sounds worthy of being a Husky tradition.

Well it was about 2 thousand Greeks with only 300 Spartans. They did eventually win that battle. It was the battle of Salmis where Persia's navy was sunk by the Greeks and it was pretty embarrising and killed their invasion entirely.

Beyond that... I was thinking that Washington can be Persia but only if we get to be the upstart Alexander the Great and we get to topple the purple giant... However... Alexander only lives to 30ish years old and then dies and then there is a series of massive Civil Wars.

Can't we just be Rome? They lasted for a good while.

Those uniforms will be royally stained grass-green when Oregon pushes them all over the field.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/15/2022 at 2:21 PM, David Marsh said:

Can't we just be Rome? They lasted for a good while.

Didn’t they have a thing for purple as well? Oh well, so much for my historical expertise!

Is 'royalty' a synonym for 'prowess' now?  Asking for a friend......

On 8/15/2022 at 12:10 PM, Duckhart said:

Not a dawg fan at all but those are very nice uni's. 

On 8/15/2022 at 1:52 PM, Kurt Rambis said:

In the case of UW, it would be made of porcelain.

I agree the Uni's look nice, KR dropped the Mic on this one though! cracked me up!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Royalty in the vein of Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg.

I’m with Kurt Rambo’s. While I don’t like the Huskies, I really like the Husky Royalty uniform. It a great look.

Not usually a fan of all white uni’s but I think these look good.  

Calling them royalty is just a good example of why some schools - like uw - are easy to hate.  Still arrogant after all those losses!