Charles Fischer

Take a Bow Everyone: First Month OBD Forum Stats! Wow!

My FishDuck Friends....I am so surprised and delighted with the Analytics of this forum for the first month as reported by Google.  I am familiar with the averages of page views on FishDuck, (the site with the articles) as an article is a page, thus page views tell me how many articles are being read or how many are on the front page, etc.  Thus I compare page views here on the Our Beloved Ducks Forum, (OBD) to FishDuck to gauge our first month.

Last year FishDuck was in the Top 1% in the World again for pages read with an average of 4,225 pages per day.  This last week--the forum averaged 3,643 pages per day...only 14% below the superb number of FishDuck!  (Omigosh! Charles...calm down...)

Yesterday, (a Monday during a slow time) garnered 4,382 page views!  The point is....we are on our way my friends!

How can THAT be Mr. FishDuck, with what appears to be a Low Number of Views and Posts?

Yep...when you look at views and replies on the right of each topic...it does not appear to be very impressive, yet there have been more surprises as I dug through the data...

--The total number of posts people are writing between new topics and replies are right at the same levels at OBD as we had with the comments below FishDuck already after only one month!
--People are reading tons of posts every day that go way down the page.  On a given day I look at the numbers on all topics and the depth of reading so many posts stunned me.  People that come are liking to read the majority of what we post as topics.
--Most were in the United States, but we had a good number in Canada and a half dozen other countries, yet the surprise was five households in the Marshall Islands that averaged six minutes per visit! ???  The top city was Portland with Eugene a close second...

Top OBD Posts for the Month of January:

No. 1: The Coach Boles article from FishDuck, "My Top 5 Candidates to Become Oregon's Defensive Coordinator"
No. 2: "Brown or Shough? The Choice is Clear Here" posted by 30Duck who brought in a tweet and began a superb discussion.
No. 3: The Joshua Whitted article from FishDuck, "Oregon is Poised to Land a HUGE Commitment Today"

What Does this MEAN?

Well, for one thing....it means I will have to turn sideways to get my swelled head through a doorway.  (There is NO revenue from either site, so I gotta get intangible bennies...) But it means we are doing much better than I thought, and when you consider it is new and we are entering a slow two-month period--I am pleased.

In fact the timing is perfect Huh? I have a steep learning curve with this forum software, and I would not want to be going through that during a busy time.  I have a ton left to learn, and my friends....you gotta believe me on this, as the Best is Yet to Be with features yet to be added.

What CAN WE DO to Help?

I thought you'd never ask!

--Go up to the sign-in area and click on your image or letter/number that represents your Posting Name.  Go in and finish your profile please!

--Go up to the directions and go into the Posting Box directions and learn all the cool features that take only minutes to learn and seconds to do.  Great fun!

--If you would like to help me pay for the expenses of this OBD forum and FishDuck....please go to this page here, and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Donate."
(And God Bless the few who are donating every month--it really helps and I am grateful)

--Get in there and POST your thoughts to everything!  What is so cool is how everyone is protected as even the most off-the-spectrum-view has to be treated with polite and respectful responses. Oh we love a good debate, but this community has learned how to debate the subject and not go after each other.  You all are a very special treasure--cherish these Ducks!

This is going to be a great year of learning, of watching the drama play out....and we are going to have a blast because....

"Oh, how we love to ponder about Our Beloved Ducks!"

Charles and Abbie 2011_Video.jpg

My wonderful Abbie would be so delighted with this new forum...(but she really was focused on the cheese at that moment!)

• Like 2

Mr. FishDuck