Pennsylvania Duck

Ducks vs Bulldawgs...What's the Score?

OBDF Fans...What is your score for the Ducks vs Bulldawgs game? Reply with your guess below and I will let you know who is the best prognosticator after the game. Deadline to enter is Monday, Aug. 22.

Hate to say it but sort of thinking Dawgs 31 — Ducks 24

Ducks 24/17

Dawgs 40 Ducks 28

Based on absolutely nothing at all, these were just the first numbers that jumped into my head.  Ducks 31 Dawgs 28

• Thumbs Up 1

Ducks 42 Dawgs 38, but I will be surprised if the Ducks pull this one off.

giphy.gif

I Predict:  Ducks 42  Bulldogs 36

We'll see some things from Oregon that are unexpected and pleasantly surprising! 

GO DUCKS!!

Edited by Joe F

Ducks 35 Dawgs 28!

First games are hard to predict, however Ga has the advantage of having the same head coach/system and being a home town game. Neutral site -hogwash.

Obviously would love to see the Ducks pull this one off.

Ducks 45. Dawgs 42. Camden Lewis w the walk-off field goal. 

🤞

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ducks 35-31, for no reason but my sunshine pumping Quacker Box!

I think both defenses dictate the score. 20-17 all Ducks all day!

• Go Ducks! 1

I think Georgia holds Oregon to 20 points. 

Georgia is 10 points better, so I would say on a neutral field, which this is not, Georgia 30-20.

Now add 14 for homefield advantage, more experienced coaching staff, and a better defensive line.

Georgia wins 44-20.  

I think Georgia will work to establish the run in the first half and will struggle to score more than two touchdowns.

I think Oregon will play an aggressive offense against a great Georgia defense and will score two or three touchdowns in the half.  Yes Im predicting Oregon goes into the second half nearly tied or leading.

Smart will make second half adjustments opening up his passing routes and Georgia will begin to make some gains in the second half.  Likely two or three more touchdowns.

If DL adjusts well to a fired up Georgia defense then Oregon could have an amazing second half capitalising against an overly aggressive Georgia defense.  Three to five touchdowns.

If Oregon plays conservative to keep its lead Oregon scores once in the second half.

Bottom line, close at the half and whoever keeps or takes the offensive momentum in the second half wins the game.

• Let’s hope! 1

Duck Fan 76...What's your score?

There we 50 and 60 some odd points scored between Bama and UGA in the SEC Champ game and Natty. While I think this could be a lower scoring type defensive game, it could be high scoring. With good defensive units in first game of the season, 3 or 4 bad turnovers could 17 to 24short field drive points.

I'm going UGA 31 - 21 Ducks

Going 31 to 17 Georgia.

• Go Ducks! 1

On 8/20/2022 at 5:58 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Duck Fan 76...What's your score?

Here's DLs comment from the second scrimmage ".. Most of the decisions that ended up being bad decisions today were somebody trying to make something out of nothing and trying to create play when they didn’t need to. A bad play turned into a worse play and that’s something we have to do a better job of.”

That sounds like Bo is struggling to form new habits.  If that isn't cleaned up by game time then Oregon 21, Georgia 38.

If Bo can learn to hold his powder and DL stays aggressive then Oregon 35 Georgia 31 (this is my prediction)

Edited by Duck Fan 76

This doesn't sound too good. 

On 8/20/2022 at 5:19 PM, Pac10again said:

I think Georgia holds Oregon to 20 points. 

Georgia is 10 points better, so I would say on a neutral field, which this is not, Georgia 30-20.

Now add 14 for homefield advantage, more experienced coaching staff, and a better defensive line.

Georgia wins 44-20.  

I pretty much agree with your logic here but would not  be surprised if the game a bit closer than 44-20.

Forgot my score. I say Dawgs 38 Ducks24.

Dawgs 27 Ducks 17

Oregon 30 Georgia 27

Georgia 24 Oregon 7

UGA 31-13. I think the Duck defense will play well, but turnovers will likely give the Dawgs a short field a time or two.

UGA 38, Ducks 27.  We keep it close in the first half, but UGA depth and a mostly home field advantage will be too much to overcome. 

Turnovers will tell the story in this game. From the Oregon spring game thru this last scrimmage the Ducks O is turning the ball over DL in Q & A sessions has commented that the D has caused a number of turnovers. They will cause more than a few Georgia turnovers in this game. However, will it be enough?

Georgia 38 - Oregon 24.........

UO 13 UGA 24

Breaking in a new QB, receivers and running backs against the best D in the nation is a tough way to start. Outside of a probable loss, you really couldn't ask for a better sink or swim game out of the gate for the new coaching staff to evaluate players, schemes and themselves. The Ducks will likely take their lumps but be better for it in the end.

Don't have a clue what score will be. All I need is a point more than them for the win. Think it'll be low scoring, defensive battle.

26 / 16 Georgia

My dawg says Georgia 34-24.  Fast start for Georgia with Oregon's offense waking up in the second half. 

Bo gets it done!

He scores six more than he did last year against GA as the Ducks only lose by 18.

34-16 Dawgs.

Hoping for the Ohio State miracle again this year but that said...Going to go with Dawgs 34-27 over Ducks.   

Go Ducks!

Ducks 14, Dawgs 13. Low scoring, all defense affair. 

Ducks 27, Dawgs 24.  A fan has gotta hope!

I think this is going to be a fist fight the whole game. OBD learn how to stay in the fight and it will it will inspire them throughout the season right into the playoffs. Ducks win  30-29

Edited by BigDog

Ducks 31 - Dawgs 27

Bo lights it up, has a great start to the season and then throws 4 picks 11/19.  Just kidding!

• Haha 1

UGA 33 OBD 17

I hope I'm seriously wrong.

23-21 ducks

One score game through the middle of the third when UGA's depth helps them to pull away for a final of:

UGA - 35

Oregon - 17

27 - 23 Ducks Win: - Wearing green shades!

Justification I'm basing this on the huge advantage we have in knowing their personnel and schemes. While ours is basically an enigma on offense, the spring game showed us nothing. Even defensively, we've now put Lannings scheme with Baylors scheme for tweaks,etc. It will take a half for Georgia to figure it out. If we're healthy and win the turnover battle , we win -

Also, Muschamp isn't Lanning and overrated. His best defense was a decade ago. He's had the same level of talent at other stops (Florida) and still never put together a defense as stout as Lanning.  

30 - 17 Georgia Wins: - We lose the turnover battle and make too many mistakes.

Our boys make too many mistakes due to inexperience in the system and the talent pool, experience in the schemes and depth of Georgia is too much. 

UGA 30 ORE 27.

Dammit!

20-10 Georgia.  Oregon covers the spread, gets some serious respect and Bulldog fans get a scare.   I sure hope I'm wrong and it's the other way around (17-13 Oregon).