Duck Fan 76

Finding Perspective Two Weeks Out...

I had a number of similar thoughts crossing multiple threads so I thought I might throw them down and see what you all think.

The Georgia game is winnable by Oregon!  There's a few reasons I believe this other than the "any given Saturday" rule but the main reason is last years win at Ohio State.

Last years win showed that Oregon's 1s are as good as anybody in CFB.  We have slick Willie and MC to thank for that.  There's good reason to have some hard feelings but we should acknowledge those two head coaches recently made this talent level possible.

It's been a long time building the program and getting here has been hard fought but here we are.  We have all the pieces for the National Championship that Phil has been aiming us at.

We are not done growing and CFB isn't static but there aren't any excuses in the current period.  The expectation is that Oregon competes for a national championship most years.

That being said the Georgia game favors Georgia if we look at the rosters and last years performances.  Utah showed us that we can't recruit our way to a national championship.  The talented pieces need to come together so that the combination is more than the sum of individual pieces.

What I've learned in the off-season is that the coaching staff has what it takes to put together an Oregon TEAM.  They are in the process of doing so and we will know what this TEAMs potential is by game three.

Oregon will not be perfect in game 1 but neither will Georgia.  Oregon can win the game but that isn't the season.  Oregon can win the PAC but that isn't the season. 

A successful season is DLs staff going one step further and fielding a TEAM that carries the brand of Oregon football.  What I want is Oregon football to play at their potential.

There in lies the rub.  CFB has plenty of talented rosters but there's only a few that reach their actual potential.  It's rare to come together and gel like that.

I can accept an Oregon TEAM that competes and looses by the numbers against an Alabama.  For me the season is an Oregon TEAM that really plays the game.

A loosing season looks like last years Utah game.  So two weeks out I'm an excited season ticket holder ready to cheer on Oregon rain or shine.  Thankfully it only ever rains touchdowns in Autzen.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I believe we are going to witness the greatest Duck defense that have ever worn the Green and Yellow. That and a lot of wins. This year!

• Thumbs Up 3

There was a tweet awhile ago that listed projected starting line ups and total star ratings for those projected starters. 

Oregon was right up there with the likes of Georgia, Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State. 

As always the question always comes down to depth. Because those starters won't be on the field for the entire game. 

I do feel that Oregon has more depth than ever before. So I think there is certainly a fighting chance against Georgia. 

Going to need some luck and creativity to get there though.