Charles Fischer

Avante Dickerson Announces, Signs with OREGON!

Most were predicting this, but you never know until it actually happens...and it did this morning!  (A Rivals.com 4-Star corner/safety!)

Avante Dickerson, nation’s No. 8 cornerback, signs with Oregon Ducks over Nebraska by OregonLive

Avante Dickerson

Mr. FishDuck

You can't recruit to Eugene, right Scott?

Looks like the Ducks will have a pretty good defense for the next few seasons, with all the current players and recruits.

1 hour ago, David Marsh said:

Such a perfect article for context...and look who wrote it!  (And one of our biggest hit articles of last year)

Mr. FishDuck

3 hours ago, jrw said:

You can't recruit to Eugene, right Scott?

That has got to hurt, maybe as much as the best recruit in a long time from Washington signing with the Ducks! Let's hope we can do both.

One note is the last time we got the top recruit out of Washington was the beginning of the worst downturn for the husky program. Here's to getting the top recruit and hanging another dozen or more on the dogs!

My gut was telling me that he was going to Oregon, this is a fantastic pickup given the graduation of several DBs.  Paired with the Byron Cardwell signing I'd say this has been a very successful late signing period.  Of course getting JTT would be the gigantic cherry on top but I think he's going to Alabama.  

4 hours ago, kirklandduck said:

Of course getting JTT would be the gigantic cherry on top but I think he's going to Alabama.

It's just real hard to beat Alabama at recruiting. But then if we could ever beat them on the field that would change. 

3 minutes ago, BigDucksFan said:

It's just real hard to beat Alabama at recruiting. But then if we could ever beat them on the field that would change. 

I have read that JTT is waiting for in person visits before declaring.  I believe that if he comes to Eugene and sees the facilities and talks to the team, he will be a Duck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpokaneDuck said:

I have read that JTT is waiting for in person visits before declaring.  I believe that if he comes to Eugene and sees the facilities and talks to the team, he will be a Duck.

I believe he’s been on UO campus a few times and toured the facilities on at least one visit. Think he has not been to Ohio State, though. Go Ducks!