DrJacksPlaidPants

Ducks Cut by NFL Teams

No surprises here. However, I’m surprised Cam Hunt actually made it to the NFL. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember interviewing Cam Hunt....about ten years ago!

Charles Fischer interviewing Cameron Hunt OG.jpg

My hair situation in back has not improved since then...

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

An important cut was Brett Hundley by the Ravens - good chance Anthony Brown is going to make that team now.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sorry to see Breeze get cut. Not surprised to see the others on the list. Glad to see that VMlll, ABrown and DAllen are still in the hunt.

On 8/23/2022 at 1:01 PM, Kurt Rambis said:

An important cut was Brett Hundley by the Ravens - good chance Anthony Brown is going to make that team now.

And the crazy path of former 5* receiver Devon Williams continues its zig zag course. He was let go by the Ravens, but with that much talent, if he stays with it he just might make a roster and spend some time in the NFL. Way to go Anthony Brown, what a warrior!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/23/2022 at 2:02 PM, Haywarduck said:

Devon Williams continues its zig zag course. He was let go by the Ravens, but with that much talent, if he stays with it he just might make a roster and spend some time in the NFL. Way to go Anthony Brown, what a warrior!

He really really needed another year of college ball to put together a full season. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 8/23/2022 at 5:02 PM, Haywarduck said:

And the crazy path of former 5* receiver Devon Williams continues its zig zag course. He was let go by the Ravens, but with that much talent, if he stays with it he just might make a roster and spend some time in the NFL.

Devon Williams should have stayed in college for another year. He would've gotten so much from the current staff and improved his stock for next year. I think he got bad advice to go pro.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 8/23/2022 at 2:20 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Devon Williams should have stayed in college for another year. He would've gotten so much from the current staff and improved his stock for next year. I think he got bad advice to go pro.

I think Devon may be a poster boy for what can go wrong with the star rating system. A kid who is told he is so talented, is prone to these kind of mistakes. He went to sc instead of Oregon, first mistake. He then leaves Oregon a year early instead of learning his craft another year, second mistake.

I just hope he has learned it takes hard work to be successful no matter how skilled you are. I was fortunate to have very little skill at anything, and learned everything took hard work :)!

• Thumbs Up 2

Anybody know what happened to Mykael Wright?

Cant find his name anywhere. Always thought he was a shoe-in for a NFL roster.

On 8/23/2022 at 6:25 PM, Tbird said:

Cant find his name anywhere. Always thought he was a shoe-in for a NFL roster.

He has great size, but he ran a very slow 40 time for a CB. I don’t think he got a free agent contract. Hopefully, he pops up in the USFL or XFL.

On 8/23/2022 at 6:25 PM, Tbird said:

That is strange. There is virtually no info on Wright after the NFL draft. The only thing I read was that he was invited to the Seahawks rookie mini-camp. Like Devon Williams, he is another one that should've stayed in college another year. I don't think his body of work was favorable to being drafted. I feel sorry for these kids who leave for the draft before they're ready.  

I think reporters should stop using terms like “going pro early “ or “ leaving to go pro”. Instead they should say a player quit school early hoping to make it in the pros.

Every year in basketball, far more kids “go pro early “ than there are draft spots available.  A few good games in college is not a red carpet walk to pro sports.

Robert Nkemdiche cut. 

Wasn't that guy #1 recruit at one point?

On 8/23/2022 at 8:12 PM, Krsmqn said:

Robert Nkemdiche cut. 

Wasn't that guy #1 recruit at one point?

Yes, and was cut by the seagulls before he was cut the the 49ers. 

• Wow 1

I have the feeling Henry Mondeaux will be on the street soon; the Steelers brought in a bunch of D-lineman in the offseason and he's looking like he may be the odd man out.  

Sucks - I love watching Ducks playing in the pros for my favorite team.