Charles Fischer

Top 5 Recruiting Class for Huskies in 2021 Predicted?

This is too amazing and funny to not be true!  I guess I'm not the only homer...

Washington football can land 2021’s number one class by FANSIDED

Husky Husky.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Hilarious! Predicted over a year ago and they lost most of the top 10 of their wish list. Emeka OSU, Huard is a Husky, JTT is NOT to be a dawg, Troy Franklin is a Duck, Keith Brown is a Duck....etc. Etc. Etc. Those husky hopers and dreamers, SMH.

That is some INSANE wishful thinking... It looks like they just looked up all the top recruits in the west and put them on a list and called it good, or at the least just put a dream list together.

1 hour ago, David Marsh said:

It looks like they just looked up all the top recruits in the west

Exactly. Husky Honks can't believe that any player, much less really talented, would go anywhere else. Dream, remember back to a time that isn't nearly as grand as they think it is, this is what they do.

I live in the Seattle area and I gotta tell you, the sheer deliriousness of most Husky fans here is comical.  I recall last Summer I took a walk around my neighborhood as there wasn't much else to do because of the COVID lockdowns, a neighbor of mine was having a safely distanced get-together on his driveway with other neighbors in picnic chairs.  He spots me wearing my Oregon hat and sends some boos and jeers my way.  I apologized, saying "I know...I'm sorry, I'm sorry....that the Ducks keep winning."  He clammed right up and his wife bust out laughing. 

That was a great walk lol

3 minutes ago, kirklandduck said:

"I know...I'm sorry, I'm sorry....that the Ducks keep winning."

My gosh....what a great 3rd degree burn...you must have been giggling about that for a long time.  I know I would have been!

Mr. FishDuck

So, I read the list, took a look at reality, and came away with the idea that this guy is good enough to be making MONEY at this. He should be writing articles for SI and guest speak on ESPN about the upcoming draft. Could he be any farther off than what some people said about Herbert's draft stock last year??? 

13 minutes ago, Charles Fischer said:

My gosh....what a great 3rd degree burn...you must have been giggling about that for a long time.  I know I would have been!

Oh I was grinning all the way home!  BTW I think his wife went to WSU haha

Kirlandduck, great story. I live in Seattle and it has been great to be a UO alum and Duck fan here for many years. Your story points out something I also notice about UW fans. They WILL go out of their way to confront Oregon fans - in the street like in your story, at a pub, at the coffee shop, anywhere. Lets not even talk about what happens at Husky Stadium. Often it's good natured, sometimes not. I could not imagine going over to someone in a rival school hat and start giving them crap, but UW fans often feel just fine doing it. Oh well, we know where the class is....and where the delusion is. 

Off topic - but living in the badlands of Riverside county in Southern California, it always surprises me how many Duck / O hats or t-shirts or bumper stickers you see.

Granted I may be unconsciously biased to notice them, but I would say the only other college sports team that comes close is USC. Which is not bad for a school ~900 miles to the north in Eugene.

Although the true winner for fan devotion in these parts is the Lakers and the Raiders - even though the Raiders skipped the state!

1 hour ago, SeattleDuck92 said:

Kirlandduck, great story. I live in Seattle and it has been great to be a UO alum and Duck fan here for many years. Your story points out something I also notice about UW fans. They WILL go out of their way to confront Oregon fans - in the street like in your story, at a pub, at the coffee shop, anywhere. Lets not even talk about what happens at Husky Stadium. Often it's good natured, sometimes not. I could not imagine going over to someone in a rival school hat and start giving them crap, but UW fans often feel just fine doing it. Oh well, we know where the class is....and where the delusion is. 

Absolutely true, at least in the couple of bars I've been in.  I have not had the chance to attend a game in Husky Stadium but when I finally do I'll be completely decked out in UO gear. 

My neighbor's ribbing was in good nature as he's a good guy but I had to give him something back in equal measure lol. 

• Thumbs Up 1