Smith72

What's Your Most Memorable Fictional College Sports Program?

What's your "Most Memorable Fictional College Sports Program"?  

My favorite was " Waterboy".  I laughed constantly during the movie.

MSN  has an article about this that I couldn't copy and post.  But in the article there was a fictional movie I never saw, but sounds like our infamous backstabbing University of Spoiled Children.

The team was the "University of Los Angeles Peacocks"!

An all-time favorite with Dan Fouts in it!  We never did learn anything about Faber College sports...

Although they did give Golf Lessons!

Animal House Golf Lessons_YouTube.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Texas State Armadillos- Necessary Roughness 

• Thumbs Up 2

I know we don't like Walnut Heights.

Affluent, undefeated, ranked third in the state: "They've got a swim team, a tennis team, they've got a golf team... for the boys and girls!"

"Here's the situation, we haven't beaten Walnut Heights the 5 years I have been coaching. 

There are 10,000 people out there who don't think you are going to do it tonight.

But there are 37 people in this room that know we can. Am I right? <YES SIR>

That's you and that's me. Why are we so sure, what do we know they don't know?

See, I don't think they know about the human beings inside these uniforms. I don't think they know the pain you are willing to endure, do they Tank? <NO SIR>

They don't know how hard you are gonna hit, do they Djordjevic? <NO SIR>

And they don't know what you are going to do to Alexander do they Riley? <NO SIR>

And they sure as hell don't know about the magic in Rifleman's arm, do they? <NO SIR>

The next 48 minutes are gonna find out what you are made of, and you are going to make me proud. You guys are gonna go out in your life and achieve amazing successes and I hope and pray you do.

No matter what the future is gonna bring, seldom is there going to be a moment like tonight - where you hold it all in the palm of your hands. When you can achieve something together they can never take away from you.

Your friends, your family, your parents, this town. A win tonight is going to give them something to be proud of, something they can believe in.

And you know what they call us? You know why they only gave us 500 tickets to this game?

We are the (   ), the (   ), the (   ). Alright, it what you are. It's what I am. That is what we are together. And that is how we are gonna' win this game - we are going to win it together. How are we going to do it <TOGETHER>."

• Applause 1

The Washington Huskies are my favorite Fictional College Football Program. 

• Haha 7
  • Applause 1

Minnesota State.  Great coaching staff.  

Western University Dolphins 

The MASH football game is always a classic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

ESU, Enormous State University, in the Tank McNamara comic strip. They had a stock car racing team…”put the pedal to the metal for ESU!”  

blue mountain state 

• Great post! 1

Bullwinkle, Wossamotta U   was robbed of the Heisman...and theeOhio state's Archie Griffin won it twice!

image.jpeg.71971789b96c45327dad870a0ba20d74.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

ESU Timberwolves with Alvin Mack trash talking opposing offenses. Let’s also not forget the late, great Coach Winters.

On 8/27/2022 at 11:16 AM, SoGaDawg said:

Texas State Armadillos- Necessary Roughness

DeepOptimisticGonolek-size_restricted.gi

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2022 at 3:28 PM, 30Duck said:

Bullwinkle, Wossamotta U   was robbed of the Heisman...and theeOhio state's Archie Griffin won it twice!

image.jpeg.71971789b96c45327dad870a0ba20d74.jpeg

I amend my selection of Minnesota State and Coach Hayden Fox.  I can’t believe I didn’t cite WossamottaU as my clear favorite.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Gotta be Medfield College - site of all those early Disney movies like The Absent Minded Professor and Son of Flubber.

Boy, am I showing my age...