Pennsylvania Duck

Who Do You Think is Gonna be the Break Out Star for Our Offense this Season?

Let us know by replying below.

I mean the easy pick would be a QB. 

Second easy pick would be a runningback. 

So I'll go with Chase Cota. He is going to be Jeff Mael like and just make the plays that need to happen. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1. Mar’Keise Irving has the tools to become a pleasant surprise. Decent speed, Can catch the ball out of the backfield, return punts, and if he gets through the LOS, he can make people miss. 

2. I think we will use multiple backs each game, but he should be a great change of pace type guy at RB. 

3. At receiver, Caleb Chapman might be one of my favorite targets if I were playing QB. 

4. Like everyone else, I am excited to find out who shines this year. 
  • Thumbs Up 1

I’ll go with Seven McGee.  From taking handoffs and catching passes to being explosive in the return game, he will shine as a plug and play star for the Ducks.

• Thumbs Up 3

With so many weapons, distribution will be wide, making a skill player an outside bet.  So, a QB, as David Marsh said is the easy choice.

For a flyer, I would look at a receiving TE.  Dilly's offense will unleash this position.  In a feel good story for the ages, I am placing my bet on Cam McCormick.

May the Schwartz be with us.

schwartz-spaceballs.gif

• Haha 2

On 8/28/2022 at 5:57 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

With so many weapons, distribution will be wide, making a skill player an outside bet.  So, a QB, as David Marsh said is the easy choice.

For a flyer, I would look at a receiving TE.  Dilly's offense will unleash this position.  In a feel good story for the ages, I am placing my bet on Cam McCormick.

schwartz-spaceballs.gif

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!

• Yikes! 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/28/2022 at 2:54 PM, Drake said:

Mar’Keise Irving has the tools to become a pleasant surprise. Decent speed, Can catch the ball out of the backfield, return punts, and if he gets through the LOS, he can make people miss. 

I think Irving will probably be the No. 1 RB this season. 

I think we might see a tandum of Irving and Cardwell. It may be the start of the next James-Barner like tandum for Oregon. It's been a while since we had something that potent. 

Verdell and Dye actually had some pretty good numbers. But with offense they played in took a lot of the excitement out of their play. 

Oregon has options for several change of pace backs but I think we may see the Irving-Cardwell (or Cardwell-Irving) duo a lot. 

I'm picking our cheerleaders and band.  We are going to be so far ahead of most games, that additional entertainment will be necessary.

On 8/28/2022 at 3:01 PM, SoGaDawg said:

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!

spaceballs-never-underestimate-power-schwartz-yogurt-bill-pullman-lonestar.gif

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

On 8/28/2022 at 3:01 PM, David Marsh said:

I think Irving will probably be the No. 1 RB this season. 

I think we might see a tandum of Irving and Cardwell. It may be the start of the next James-Barner like tandum for Oregon. It's been a while since we had something that potent. 

Verdell and Dye actually had some pretty good numbers. But with offense they played in took a lot of the excitement out of their play. 

Oregon has options for several change of pace backs but I think we may see the Irving-Cardwell (or Cardwell-Irving) duo a lot. 

Cardwell is my choice to out of backfield.  A run game is so needed this year. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/28/2022 at 3:03 PM, Pac10again said:

Cardwell is my choice to out of backfield.  A run game is so needed this year. 

I feel Irving is built more of the thumper and Cardwell is a bit shiftier. Cardwell has some great vision and I can't wait to see what he can do with a scheme that enables runningbacks to actually make cuts. 

• Thumbs Up 1

At this point, it's a crap shoot... I'm rolling with Seven.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/28/2022 at 2:57 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

schwartz-spaceballs.gif

He's gone plaid!

• Applause 1

On 8/28/2022 at 3:18 PM, woundedknees said:

At this point, it's a crap shoot... I'm rolling with Seven.

Me, my money is on Sean "Krypto" Dollars.

• Mic drop 1

I'm looking down the barrel of blast from the wideouts and backs.  With good TE's and average OL, my money has to go with a QB who can dish to all the bullets AND scramble when needed.  Of course it's a QB...but which one?  I'll Nix for that one!

I'll be happy if the offense breaks out!  Where, to the outside and down the field. 

Something like this, again

Unknown.jpeg

• Let’s hope! 1

Conerly jr

by week 3 he is starting at left tackle and locking down the blind side

he will be first team all pac 12

steven Jones to the bench.

left tackle Conerly 

left guard bass

center Forsyth 

right guard walk

right tackle big sala 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/28/2022 at 2:54 PM, SoGaDawg said:

I’ll go with Seven McGee.  From taking handoffs and catching passes to being explosive in the return game, he will shine as a plug and play star for the Ducks.

Dittos.  While everyone's watching the QB shuffle I'll be keeping an eye on this kid.

Dont'e Thornton

Dont'e Thornton, Chase Cota give Oregon Ducks options at Z receiver -  oregonlive.com

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/28/2022 at 4:19 PM, Mic said:

Dittos.  While everyone's watching the QB shuffle I'll be keeping an eye on this kid.

My daughter thinks 7 could be used like De Anthony was.

See an Offense up by three plus scores and back ups getting real game reps will impress me.  Does not have to be the Blur Offense but a little Dilly Dilly never hurt anyone but the competition.  Looking for a great defense though with the smell of some Nacho Cheese to bring back the memories. . . 

On 8/28/2022 at 6:44 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Dont'e Thornton

I was queuing up a pic, due to the shock of no one picking him.  Good call.

breakout-player-7.png

There's so many choices so I'm gonna predict All Of Them.

Actually, if history is any guide, it's liable to be someone everyone has overlooked.  Including the coaches.

I’ll go with two picks. The receiver who works the hardest to create chemistry with his quarterback, and the running back who takes his O line out for milkshakes the most often.

Cardwell because he's got lateral hops to go with quickness and speed. La Mike could sidestep a defender with a lateral hop like no one before or since. But Cardwell's got a healthy dollop of that quick sidestep that makes him dangerous--and tons o fun to watch. 

• Thanks 1

Thornton has been my pick since joining this community...and I'm almost heartbroken at the competition Cardwell has to face. I was looking forward to him having a MONSTER season this year (and now it looks like a RB by Committee)

SEVEN!!

Thornton or Franklin. Probably both.