30Duck

What's That, Washington?

This link starts with an article headlined, 

Jimmy Lake on the transfer culture in CFB..."Its sad, very sad"

Then it's followed by an article about Washington getting a WR transfer

from 247Sports

giphy.gif

I do not know the specifics, but they were having a bunch of experienced receivers transfer out, and I thought I read that Puka Nacua was thinking of it or had.  Rumors, and perhaps others can confirm one way or another?

Mr. FishDuck

Jimmy Lake needs to realize that the Transfer Portal is a good thing for the players. And when players  benefit all is good. 

9 minutes ago, BigDucksFan said:

Jimmy Lake needs to realize that the Transfer Portal is a good thing for the players. And when players  benefit all is good. 

I don't think it's necessarily good for players, and even if it is college football might be worse off for it.

It definitely gives more freedom to student-athletes, which is a good thing, but it's unclear to me how their graduation rates are impacted and I'm not sure how many kids are simply losing their scholarships since once they enter the portal schools no longer need to honor them (and there's no guarantee another school will give them one).

Like I said, though, even if it IS good for the players, it might hurt the game. Teams don't have the same continuity on the field. Fans don't have a chance to root for the same guys. Prominent schools can fill holes with portal free agents, undercutting potential parity. There are a host of reasons why the expanded portal might be bad for the game.

I'm no fan of Lake, but I understand his view on the situation.

Lake is in over his head. Classic Peter Principle.

He's probably a nice guy, but Washington is losing ground to Oregon with every recruiting cycle. 

Perhaps recruits and their parents are on to the, "Mistake by the Lake" in Seattle?  (Gotta give credit to Annie for that one!)

Animal House Deathmobile_YouTube.jpg

Huskies....you can't beat this!

Mr. FishDuck

"Jason White, a three-star offensive tackle out of Orange, California, flipped his commitment from BoiseState to OregonState Wednesday and immediately became one of the gems of the Beavers’ class.

White is tabbed as the No. 752 recruit in the nation and the No. 61 offensive tackle prospect by 247 Sports."

Congrats Beavs! That is one of the gems of your recruiting efforts?