Red Eddy Green

Kirby Smart: " Oregon is the Best Team in the Pac-12"

Please post this on those "fuskys" site for me. I don't hang out at places like that.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Haha 3
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2
  • Like 1

In a couple years, when people name B1G teams, Rutgers will come to mind before USC. 

• Haha 4

The art of the back-handed compliment…

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

There has to be a "most interesting man in the world" joke in there somewhere...

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/31/2022 at 6:57 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

the art of the back-handed compliment…

Yeah, kinda true, but I think that Kirby is correct if Lanning and Lupoi do a lot better job of defending heavy use of tight ends than MC did last year against Utah and Stanford. USC is a paper  tiger this year in my opinion but will be tough in the years to come.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/31/2022 at 6:57 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

the art of the back-handed compliment…

Yep, and I think he's going to say that because he expects to get a bump out of a win by claiming he beat the best team in the Pac-12.  Of course, that's only IF Georgia beats us.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 8/31/2022 at 10:22 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

USC is a paper  tiger this year in my opinion but will be tough in the years to come.

Yeah...I agree.  USC needs to fix their line play on both sides of the ball before they are going anywhere special.  You can bring in all the talented skill players you want, but you need protection and you need to be able to stop the run.  I am not sure they are there yet, but I guess we will see.  

In fairness, I am also the guy that thinks Oregon only wins 9 games this year, so maybe I am just a little bit negative.  

As much as I hate to say it, Washington is going to surprise a lot of people this year.  They have the third highest blue chip ratio in the conference, pretty decent balance on their roster, and now they have a very good head coach. 

Edited by GeotechDuck
  • Thumbs Up 1

"... in the Pac-12" 

Ouch. That's just stone-cold mean, cloaked in a bogus compliment. He could have pretty much added: "... and the Big Sky conference too -- wherever that is."

An actual compliment would have been something like: "Oregon is one of the best teams in the country." Full stop. 

But I kind of like his semi-subtle backhanded smack-down. Coaches are always looking for locker room material to motivate players. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Of course he is going to say this.  If the Dawgs win then they beat the PAC’s best.   It may be true, mind you but the comment is nothing but self serving regardless of how good it may feel.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/1/2022 at 7:13 AM, CalBear95 said:

Of course he is going to say this

Yeah, he wouldn't say it about any Pac-12 team...but Oregon, Utah it works. It's the Smart thing to say.

and Oregon is playing the best team in the SEC.....sort of. 

So when the Duckies win....don't be blowing smoke about bama. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/1/2022 at 10:06 AM, fred flintstone said:

So when the Duckies win....don't be blowing smoke about bama. 

When the Duckies win?  Not If?   I love your vote of confidence - thanks!