Coach Eric Boles

Seven Mcgee Will be a Nightmare to Defend

I think that Seven Mcgee is going to be a stud in Coach Moorhead’s offense. I think the things he started to do with Redd in the second half of the year is going to expand this season. 

When I’m four wide this season, I think Redd will line up as the field slot and Mcgee will be at the tight boundary slot/slot back spot. He’ll be awesome in those jet packages.  

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Coach Eric Boles said:

I think that Seven Mcgee is going to be a stud in Coach Moorhead’s offense. I think the things he started to do with Redd in the second half of the year is going to expand this season. 

When I’m four wide this season, I think Redd will line up as the field slot and Mcgee will be at the tight boundary slot/slot back spot. He’ll be awesome in those jet packages.  

Then put him in motion back next to the QB. Then put Redd in motion in front of them. Keep the linebackers eyes moving. 

Then comes the wheel route the opposite direction of Redd up the sideline with McGee.

Touchdown.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ChicoDuck said:

Then comes the wheel route the opposite direction of Redd up the sideline with McGee.

Made smile wistfully...we gotta look for this and remember....  Fun post-thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

7 hours ago, ChicoDuck said:

Touchdown.

I like that sound.

McGee has a different build than Redd (or your typical Slot guy for that matter). He's short, but that's about where the similarities end. He has a thicker build, much more like a RB than just a wisp that one tries to develop mismatches with in space.

I think you're going to see Seven carry the ball quite a bit. It opens up the play book when he's on the field. You don't know what Coach Moorhead has up his sleeve.

As a RB this kid can bounce, drag step, get small, and look for windows. As a WR he doesn't fight the ball, catches it out away from his frame, and he is a terror in open space.

He's going to be a dynamic playmaker in Oregon's offense. A chunk play waiting to happen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, ChicoDuck said:

McGee has a different build than Redd (or your typical Slot guy for that matter). He's short, but that's about where the similarities end. He has a thicker build, much more like a RB than just a wisp that one tries to develop mismatches with in space.

I think you're going to see Seven carry the ball quite a bit. It opens up the play book when he's on the field. You don't know what Coach Moorhead has up his sleeve.

As a RB this kid can bounce, drag step, get small, and look for windows. As a WR he doesn't fight the ball, catches it out away from his frame, and he is a terror in open space.

He's going to be a dynamic playmaker in Oregon's offense. A chunk play waiting to happen. 

Eventually he’ll carry the ball more. But while the backfield is crowded, you’ll see him at different spots. They’re going to find a way to get him on the field.

You see Coach Feld kind of tease him about his smaller stature?

Can he please wear #7?

• Like 1

I hope the coaches will be able to be flexible and think outside the box on RB rotation.  It sounds like McGee should be moved around a lot like DAT did.

1 hour ago, Tandaian said:

I hope the coaches will be able to be flexible and think outside the box on RB rotation.

This could be the litmus test on Mario's, "prevent offense". If, as you mentioned above, Seven can and must be deployed with imagination to be used to most positive effect.

The ultimate nick name is 'Seven' with his number being 7. A coincidence that you score 7 with a TD and an extra point? How do you get to 7 on the score board? Have Seven run it in and the Cattle Man punch it through!

20 hours ago, Coach Eric Boles said:

Here's what I hope Coach! I don't know if this is a rumor so I would think it might have some substance to it. I hope with all this talent on board with both sides and especially this offense that Mario lets Moorehead actually coach his offense the way he coached it at PS and I guess Mississippi St. This offense could be lethal if Moorehead can just be the play caller for this offense. So Seven will be fun to watch. Mario should Coach the O Line and let our OC do his job. Seems like that has some substance to it.

It looked as if that offense bogged down way to much and I'm pretty sure our OC likes to throw it around and he'll have some talented fire power. Thanks and here's hoping this O takes off like a Duck this year because I was at that Bowl game against Michigan St and it was ugly! So just because we got the talent on D didn't mean that our offense should be looking this sad still when it could look so much better. Thank's Coach.

3 hours ago, MaiTaiDuck said:

Here's what I hope Coach! I don't know if this is a rumor so I would think it might have some substance to it. I hope with all this talent on board with both sides and especially this offense that Mario lets Moorehead actually coach his offense the way he coached it at PS and I guess Mississippi St. This offense could be lethal if Moorehead can just be the play caller for this offense. So Seven will be fun to watch. Mario should Coach the O Line and let our OC do his job. Seems like that has some substance to it.

It looked as if that offense bogged down way to much and I'm pretty sure our OC likes to throw it around and he'll have some talented fire power. Thanks and here's hoping this O takes off like a Duck this year because I was at that Bowl game against Michigan St and it was ugly! So just because we got the talent on D didn't mean that our offense should be looking this sad still when it could look so much better. Thank's Coach.

I’m pretty well on record of not believing that Coach Moorhead was restricted. I don’t really see anything between this past season’s film and the PSU film. 

But I do know that people speculate that, and it’ll just have to be something they answer for themselves. 

I do think that Mcgee with be a playmaker though!