FishDuck Article

USC’s Flight to Blizzardville, and Other Cheesy Jowly Things

A few random thoughts from a random guy in the bleachers before the season begins and we have actual football to chew over. USC’s scramoose from the Pac-12 reportedly comes with a desire to take a break from the Ducks, which at the moment means keeping them out of the Big Ten. Some Ducks fans find that outrageous, but it ...

FISHDUCK.COM

A few random thoughts from a random guy in the bleachers before the season begins and we have actual football to chew over. USC's scramoose...

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Fun read Drex!  I love the "flight on" - please keep 'em coming.  I'm glad I wasn't sipping my coffee when I read, 

"Where the legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they called Gitchee Gumee.
The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead
When the skies of November turn gloomy."

Great burn on the University of Spoiled Children.  Thank you!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thumbs-up to anyone who can work a Gordon Lightfoot jingle into a post.  

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

First, as an English Lit major I am always down for a good Yeats reference.  Well played. 

Second, let’s not kid ourselves.  We’re (mostly) all hoping to be invited on that same said journey so…

Why do I feel like I am channeling Eeyore in my posts this morning?

Well put Drex!

I think Dye could be a 2000 all-purpose yard guy in Riley's scheme if they give him the touches. We know Dye can run and catch the ball; he will be a problem to defend. 

Caleb Williams has the luxury of checking down to Travis Dye when the play down field isn't there. 

I grew up on Lake Superior. I never ever thought somebody would quote Gordon Lightfoot's The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.... Thanks for the smile. 

On 9/1/2022 at 7:20 AM, CalBear95 said:

We’re (mostly) all hoping to be invited on that same said journey so…

The TV payout journey, yes.

Not the going to the conference that can't continue to count once they have used all their fingers.

I appreciate the Gordon Lightfoot reference.  That song still gives me the chills every time I hear it. 

Hopefully this is a premonition of things to come, and that the course of the good ship USuCk will follow the trajectory of the last fateful voyage of the Edmund Fitzgerald - straight to the icy bottom. RIP!!

Go Ducks!!

Thanks for expressing how I feel about Travis Dye. I’m not to counted amongst those angry at him. I just wish we were playing USC this year so our team could stomp them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry, I am an Oregon fan…however, Shout out to Troy Dye.

If you decide to transfer within the PAC 12 and put on a red and gold/purple and gold/orange and black uniform…I am not rooting for you anymore, or wishing you success on the field. 

I have certain standards that I try to maintain.