ChicoDuck

This is who Seven McGee reminds me of: Johnny Rodgers

Classic Tailback - Johnny Rodgers Nebraska Highlights - Bing video

You watch these old video clips and then watch McGee's. Uncanny similarities.

Johnny "The Jet" Rodgers was fun to watch back in the day.

Johnny Rodgers from Wiki: In his three years with the Cornhuskers, the versatile Rodgers established an all-purpose NCAA yardage record of 5,586.

We can only hope for and dream of such a productive career for Seven.

I remember in 1971 laying laying on a cot in Vietnam, listening on Armed Forces radio as Rodgers lit it up for the Huskers. His performance was extraordinary, and even exciting.

"In 1971, in what has become known as college football's "Game of the Century," Rodgers returned a punt 72 yards to score the first touchdown which set the tone for his team's 35–31 victory over the University of Oklahoma. ESPN describes Rodgers' performance as "unforgettable." However, some observers consider his greatest single performance to be in the 1973 Orange Bowl when he led his team to a 40–6 victory over Notre Dame. Rodgers ran for three touchdowns, caught a 50-yard pass for another touchdown, and threw a 54-yard touchdown pass to a teammate. He did all this before leaving the game with 21 minutes still to play."

Johnny Rodgers is an iconic figure in college football, he is who I see when I remember the Nebraska teams of the 1970's. In 1971, Oregon went to Nebraska and lost, 34-7. Rodgers rushed, 5-32 yards and received, 2-27, he did not score in the game. In 1972, Rodgers won the Heisman Trophy.