Mic

Oregon - Georgia Line Moving? Other Tidbits…

Latest Vegas line has the line moving just a bit to: Oregon +14.  Trying to generate interest (betting) or...?  

Meanwhile, Mario C has a 'tough' challenge facing his Hurricane's Saturday.  His team's -45 against Bethune-Cook...something-or-other.  Imagine the angst! 

College Gameday giving only token attention to the Oregon-Georgia matchup tonight.  Maybe they'll get more interested tomorrow.

Anyone here know (or care) what Willie Taggert's team is up to these days?  He is still coaching, right?

Speaking of which, did  Scott Frost make the flight home yesterday?

GO DUCKS!

On 9/1/2022 at 3:55 PM, Mic said:

Scott Frost make the flight home yesterday?

Yes, I heard he was onside.

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2022 at 4:06 PM, Steven A said:

Yes, I heard he was onside.

Somebody kick that guy!

Meanwhile, Mario C has a 'tough' challenge facing his Hurricane's Saturday.  His team's -45 against Bethune-Cook...something-or-other.  Imagine the angst! 

Scoring 45 points would be surprising, not too mention covering the spread, I'll take Bethune-Cookman +45.

• Thumbs Up 3

Neither Georgia or Mario will cover.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently, Notre Dame at -13.5 Ohio State, I say a Buckeyes cover, Boise State at -3 Oregon State, take the Beavs. 

I'd take Miami to not cover that spread. 

Cristobal failed to cover the spread way too often last year. 

On 9/1/2022 at 7:19 PM, David Marsh said:

I'd take Miami to not cover that spread. 

Cristobal failed to cover the spread way too often last year. 

Yeah, but it's Bethune- something or other.  Not to dis that team but are they even Div. I?

If they don't cover it might be Mario taking several knees just to be kind.  I

On 9/1/2022 at 7:25 PM, Mic said:

Yeah, but it's Bethune- something or other.  Not to dis that team but are they even Div. I?

If they don't cover it might be Mario taking several knees just to be kind.  I

I had to look up where Stonybrook is last year. And Oregon was just shy of covering the spread on that one. 

I fully anticipate Miami to win by multiple scores. But Cristobal will burn a whole lot of clock and leave points on the field and as a result will fail to cover a spead that big. 

If it was a number more like Miami -28 I'd take it. 45 feels like the total amount of points Cristobal will want Miami to score. So if Miami shuts them out I guess it'd be good... But I saw that Miami defense in their spring game. It's still squishy underneath. Miami will give up a few points. 

Miami wins by 14--LOL

Where are you seeing these, I see the latest 16.5 and 15.5 on Fanduel

1124660098_ScreenShot2022-09-02at5_58_48PM.thumb.png.003b3002f8a27780b7c8709626a1aa1f.png

Vegas

On 9/2/2022 at 3:00 PM, amcdawg said:

Where are you seeing these, I see the latest 16.5 and 15.5 on Fanduel

1124660098_ScreenShot2022-09-02at5_58_48PM.thumb.png.003b3002f8a27780b7c8709626a1aa1f.png

VegasInsider.com has Oregon +16.5 now (4:15 pm Friday)

That's a 1 pt move.  Things have settled down.  This looks like the line to bet on.  54 pt. o/u

Edited by Mic
to update post - last time

On 9/2/2022 at 7:16 PM, Mic said:

Vegas

VegasInsider.com has Oregon +14.5 now (4:15 pm Friday)

That's a 3 pt move.  Might just be trying to spark betting interest, might be thinking O's defense is a little better or Bulldogs offense a little less potent.  With gaming odds one never knows for certain.

@Mic Isn't that what it opened at?  I saw this at VegasInsider but I could be wrong.  I had to screen shot the top and then the game odds separately.  I am just wondering if I am looking at this wrong.

1131987807_ScreenShot2022-09-02at8_11_28PM.thumb.png.9a3f8e82f18d99b0a2c041cfb177c81e.png

If not those are some big spread changes no doubt

It's changed again.  Settling it at +16.5, 54 o/u.  That's probably solid.  I'm going with my 20-17 Georgia.  37 points.