McDawg

Good Analysis By a Dawg

Graham Coffey is one of the better UGA analyst out there; he’s right far more than he is wrong. He is a Georgia boy, but he doesn’t tend to show a lot of bias. He knows the Dawgs and football inside and out, and researches opponents thoroughly. You may not like it, but he points out some very valid and sometimes overlooked points. 

This is the most complete one I have seen. 

WWW.DAWGSCENTRAL.COM

This is The Advanced Stat/Film Preview column that will appear on Thursday of every game week on...

Edited by McDawg
Omission
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Good article thanks for posting!

i think the game plays out that way except for flowe and Noah will hold up better in pass coverage than he thinks.

so instead of giving up 45 points I’m thinking mid thirties. 

This guy was smart to begin his story with a qualifier that Oregon is hard to know anything about. Good thing the game will be played on the field.

Oregon has top 10 talent nationally.  Shows Oregon has some "Nice" players. But they are not Georgia. Sewell and Flowe are "nice" players, but they arent Georgia. And on and on.

After reading this I need to change my predictions.

Georgia infinity

Ducks nuthin

And for the tie breaker, every play is going to be a sacumblception. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Good analysis. I'm sure the Ducks will be a top ten caliber team by the end of the season. Being a top three team right out of the gate is a large ask. My first goal would be to look like you deserve to be on the field with UGA. Mario's epic fail times two against Utah can't happen. Next goal would be to make the game competitive. Is UGA worried about losing in the fourth quarter? Achieve this goal and they shouldn't drop much in the polls after the game and could bounce back nicely with a win against BYU. Third goal, win the dang game! Achieve this goal and the Ducks will drive the college football narrative all season long!

• Go Ducks! 2

On 9/2/2022 at 4:10 PM, Log Haulin said:

After reading this I need to change my predictions.

Georgia infinity

Ducks nuthin

And for the tie breaker, every play is going to be a sacumblception. 

LOL

Naw... I'm thinking somewhere between your prediction (I did check it and the others) and mine.  Because I think this could be a slugfest rather than a track meet.  Oh, there's speed on the field, all right.  But both coaches want their defenses to control the game.  I think the 55 o/u is a bit high.  

• Go Ducks! 1

He’s stark to his point, but he knows what UGA has and doesn’t have and the advantages. He usually knows what opponents have too.  Whether he is right or not we won’t know for another 20

hours or so. 
The short of it is ;  he pointed out the positional match winners and losers. 

On 9/2/2022 at 7:21 PM, McDawg said:

He’s stark to his point, but he knows what UGA has and doesn’t have and the advantages. He usually knows what opponents have too.  Whether he is right or not we won’t know for another 20

hours or so. 
The short of it is ;  he pointed out the positional match winners and losers. 

He pointed out his take on the positional matchup winner just like I have. The dude knows what he knows of the Ducks based on film and stats.

Throw some of the stats out of the window. D-Rut at times ran a keep them in front of you and make them drive the field scheme, he did against Frenso St. That's the one game Flowe played, and he based his assessment on Flowe off of that game.

I saw it all last year, and I know D-Ruts scheme and stats aren't a basis of judging a Lanning's scheme this year in 2022. 

Five-stars Noah Sewell and Justin Flowe are the No. 1 and No. 2 rated LBs in the 2022 class. I get the feeling if they were playing for Georgia this writer would be pumping sunshine about them. Sewell is a preseason All-American, but Meh is the vibe I got from the writer.

Robert Beal Jr was a lower rated recruit than the Ducks DJ Johnson and Mase Funa- they are all Top 100 dudes... But here again the writer didn't give much respect to them.

He is right that Utah killed us in 12 personnel last year, I do worry about UGA. But here again I have to have some faith that Lanning will have a scheme and game plan to not have us get killed by the TEs again. 

UGA is stacked and has some 1st round dudes. But they are replacing lot of guys and the inside backers are brand new. The writer comes off as if the new UGA backers are a better unit than the Ducks two 5-star LBs.

I think this is going to be hard hitting game. The Ducks have some serious talent and are going to come after the Dawgs who have more talent. 

The UGA OL is going to be tough! They have three guys who are Top 60 dudes, the other two are blue-chips. 

I think this is a UGA win 31-21

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I seem to remember something similar coming from a tOSU writer last year.

I just want to see the game! Go Ducks!

Given the analysis, I'm surprised the predicted score wasn't 223 - 0 (beating the all-time college blowout record by one point).

A ton of "he's not bad" and "he's a decent player," largely followed by "but he can't handle the UGA guy across from him."  Apparently every UGA player is #1 in the country at his position, while every UO player is "okay for the Pac-12."

And maybe this guy is right.  Ducks largely looked awful at the end of last season while the Bulldogs were winning the national title.  I'm certainly not going to spout off about how great the Ducks are, or make predictions that they'll beat Georgia or keep it close, because honestly I have no idea.

But as has happened in the last couple of decades against Michigan, Ohio State, Tennessee, USC, Oklahoma, Texas, and a few others - let's see what happens when the whistle blows.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/2/2022 at 3:00 PM, McDawg said:

He is a Georgia boy, but he doesn’t tend to show a lot of bias.

Mhmm.... Sure. Something tells me he really enjoyed finishing each analysis of Oregon's potential depth chart with a confident "but not against so-n-so Georgia player". 

The trouble is, he's probably mostly right. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm not sure who said it, but I read somewhere that even a loss for Oregon will gain them experience simply but just playing against the best competition, and seeing first hand how a championship program is put together.  

Let's hope, as Duck fans, that there's more to cheer about than just that. 

Go Ducks!!!! 

Just ask the Buckeyes if we have no chance.

Isn't it weird that teams who are "Going to win" sometimes don't ? I've always found it strange that teams can "Play up" or "Play down" to the competition.

I always seem to understand whats called "The final score". I may not like it, I may love it. Now put em up big boy, I'm right here ! GO DUCKS !

All I got to say is here we come. Win or lose, we are going to leave it on the field.

• Thumbs Up 1