Desert Duck

Breakfast of Champions

I thought I would mix things up a bit this season and kickoff the Duck football season with a new season Breakfast of Champions opener: Pizza & Wings (& coffee... no beer until afternoon. I've gotta draw the line somewhere).

Just don't tell my wife. Thankfully, she had an early morning event today, so I can get away with it. And while it may not be remotely heart healthy, I feel really good about it. And if the Ducks pull off a mirac today, I'll be eating it every Saturday morning throughout the season -- whether she's home or not.

Anyone else out there have a pregame breakfast routine or tradition? Inquiring minds want to know. 

GO DUCKS!

Not me, to nervous.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's called wisdom on your part. In the interest of full disclosure, while it tasted really good going down, at 8:00 a.m. my stomach was not remotely happy with me.

However, if we do pull off the incredible upset, I'll have to keep the tradition alive.

Here in Napa, merlot for breakfast, Zins for lunch, Everclear for half time, heroin for dinner

LOL... While I see very little wisdom remotely come from California these days, after this game, I'm thinking you might just be onto something 😉 

Clearly, my gut bomb breakfast did nothing to help.

Edited by Desert Duck

Hear ye, hear ye. Desert Duck is banned from saturday morning pizza and wings. By order of...

• Thumbs Up 1

Amen & Amen. If my gut bomb breakfast didn't give me a coronary, my beloved Ducks nearly did.

Thankfully, they pretty much put me out of my misery by halftime  😉