Charles Fischer

Oregon/Georgia GameDay Thread!

Forget YAC stat, I think we are setting the record for YAMT (yards after missed tackle)

• Thumbs Up 3

BYU must be licking their chops.  Ducks look vulnerable this season.

I wasn’t expecting Oregon to win but I did expect them to be at least competitive. The defense in particular is atrocious. These tackling issues had to have shown up in practice previously, I doubt the coaches didn’t know about it. The question for me is what they’re doing about it?

• Thumbs Up 3

Watching this contest is bad enough but the game feed is only making it worse. What's up with that?

STILL NIX!!!

On 9/3/2022 at 2:51 PM, jrw said:

I don't believe I've ever seen the Ducks miss so many  tackles, and that's saying something.

It's men against boys. The grasshoppers against the ants. I've never seen an Oregon team look so small. 

I like the offensive play calling. But the players look slower than in the past to me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/3/2022 at 2:57 PM, nw777b said:

It's men against boys. The grasshoppers against the ants. I've never seen an Oregon team look so small. 

I like the offensive play calling. But the players look slower than in the past to me. 

I do like the offensive play calling. It's not so predictable and MOAR physical like MC was always shouting. I think there are some small promising glimmers of hope.

Good hit.  Ducks finally get a guy open and Cota has probably the best hands on the team.  Ducks just can't catch a break.

They are missing tackles.

I'd say it's a bunch of guys processing slowly, reacting slowly, being a step behind, a step or even two out-of-position trying to catch up (and when they do get a shot to make a play, they are so excited, they are over running it and missing it). Just flat being rolled.

It is gonna get a lot of discussion but this is now getting totally drilled in 4 games in 5.

we will be out of the top 25 in no time

On 9/3/2022 at 2:24 PM, JDuck said:

Feels a lot like recent years...false starts, dumb penalties, really poor tackling, can't throw more than 4 yards down the field.  The tackling part is really surprising with Lanning and company on board. 

Yeah. Think this is a good year to put watching the ducks on the back burner. The games at the end of last year were difficult to watch and this year looks like more of the same. 

this game wasn't even televised in Montana: a good move in retrospect.

I had to go to ESPN3 online for this...

Game will a bump for recruiting; kids will know there will plenty of opportunity to play.😒

On 9/3/2022 at 3:04 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

we will be out of the top 25 in no time

Like on Monday.

Edited by jrw

So many missed tackles. So many blown coverages. No pass rush. It’s just flat out bad football. Bo nix is doing his best Bo nix impression. This Is an embarrassment on every level. Even the special teams are horrible. Should searching top to bottom. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Seems like right out of the shoots DL might have a culture problem. Effort looks mediocre at best.

On 9/3/2022 at 3:10 PM, John Charles said:

Seems like right out of the shoots DL might have a culture problem. Effort looks mediocre at best.

If there is a culture problem (it might just be that they are demoralized from being so thoroughly crushed), the question that I feel should be asked is how much of that is from DL and how much is leftover from MC? DL definitely seems more humble and focused on learning, which I think will lead to great growth of our team.

• Thumbs Up 3

When was last team we took a beatdown this bad? And some questioned the line on this game!

Y’all ain’t a bad team. I truly believe that. 
It’s  just we were better than y’all thought. 

• Applause 1

It appears that Mario is not the only Ducks' coach who thinks his backup QBs can't play.

Edited by jrw

On 9/3/2022 at 3:05 PM, lownslowav8r said:

Yeah. Think this is a good year to put watching the ducks on the back burner. The games at the end of last year were difficult to watch and this year looks like more of the same. 

I don't know about that, Lanning has the right culture attitude, and we will recruit really really well.  We all hoped for playoff berth in year 1...give 2-3 years and winning playoff games could be a reality.  As we enter the 4th quarter, at least our uniforms are really cool and have school colors.  Low and slow, you must fly a sky crane 🤣  I guess I'm 140-300 kts 2500 AGL...somewhere in the middle?

Does anybody understand the running back rotation?

• Great post! 1

Looks like worst beating since 45 point loss to ASU in 2003.

If I were Ty Thompson or Jay Butterfield, my name would be in the transfer portal by Monday morning. I hope they do it, too. 

I'm at the game and while it is frustrating and disappointing. Georgia is the real deal. The expectations of our team were obviously way to high. I'm not giving up on them. We were just introduced to SEC football. There won't be any more difficult team in our schedule this year. Now we need to see how the players and the coaches respond.

• Thumbs Up 1

So are you guys still in favor of Mullens scheduling these so called "neutral games" against SEC's top teams to open the season?  A warm up game would have done them good because may be they would have at least figured out that Nix isn't their guy, going forward.

Granted, I'm sure that when he scheduled this game, he didn't know that the Ducks would be playing the defending champion, with a brand new spankin HC and system in place. Still, he needs to do a much better job with the negotiations. 

Ducks were already in a uphill battle but to face a hostile crowd, on the road, getting paid half a million less than Georgia, is pathetic.  He should have just agreed to a Georgia home game and got paid.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/3/2022 at 3:21 PM, McDuck said:

Does anybody understand the running back rotation?

Nope. It feels like they’re still trying to figure out which 2-3 backs they want to use.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bad bad bad, no effort!

This is the point where the game goes on mute. 

Nix has now beaten the Ducks in two straight games

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/3/2022 at 3:28 PM, Dukduponquak said:

Bad bad bad, no effort!

Ya, it seems like we were behind 3 steps all the way. Not impressed with the coaching.--live and learn -hype is just hype.

Well at least you can't blame this loss on anybody as they are just totally overmatched. 

We had a neighbor that was a MLB pitcher for 14 years in the 60's and 70's. He used to say "sometimes the other guy is good too." In this case sometimes the other guy is way more talented. Hopefully we can recruit to this level to play with the elite teams in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

Flush this one. The only thing to watch now is how the coaches and the players respond to this.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am looking forward to the Fishduck article explaining the RB situation. 

They start w a rando transfer who proceeds to miss two catches before even getting a hand-off. 

Then they switch RBs every drive or more, and the team’s top returning RB doesn’t get meaningful touches ‘til garbage time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I call baloney that there actually was a QB competition for starter during camp. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Is this Dawg 49-3 loss worse than that 70-21 Dawg loss a few years back?

On 9/3/2022 at 12:45 PM, DimpleDucks said:

I call baloney that there actually was a QB competition for starter during camp. 

My thoughts exactly.  Dillingham had his favorite long before Spring game, but comfortable and familiar is  not necessarily better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, Let’s take this discussion out to the main area of the forum. You are all quite welcome to start new threads and we can discuss.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/3/2022 at 3:33 PM, Steven A said:

Nix has now beaten the Ducks in two straight games

That's just stone-cold... and true. 

• Thumbs Up 3