Charles Fischer

I AM an IDIOT, a Complete IDIOT

"The surprise of the conference will be Oregon's defense!" What a moron...

"This will be a low scoring game."  Yeah, good call, for one team...

My FishDuck Friends, this is why none of us know nothin' and in the end, as we are all just giving our opinions.  Some will assert greater knowledge, but we are all just guessing.

Anybody need a late breakfast?  I have a ton of egg on my face to share...  I'd eat it myself, but I am starting a piece of Humble-Pie first.

Let me explain the game
of football to you...

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Salute 1
  • Haha 4

Mr. FishDuck

Don't dismay, you have plenty of company.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Caw-Caw

I thought you were going to say anticipating the need to allocate more instances on your cloud provider to handle the site load but, yeah, that prediction too. 🙂

Edited by CalBear95
  • Thumbs Up 3

You got a lot of company. But I would argue that it's time we recognize that, for the most part, it is the SEC, and everyone else.

And it's only going to get worse for the rest of us going forward.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was expecting this game to be far more competitive than it actually is. 

Lots for this team to learn. 

Lots for this staff to learn. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

It is typical to have 100 to 140 online at one time, and I just checked....and we had nearly 500, so yeah...we will need to grow some bandwidth.  (Goody!  More bills)

Anyhoo....you will notice that I said nothing about giving up as a fan, throwing in the towel on Lanning, none of that.  I am a Duck for life and loyal no matter what, and I will state my opinions often--even if severely flawed at times.

I know when
to hide my face...

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Never thought they’d look so comprehensively unprepared. Tackling abysmal, coverage soft, QB play lacking, special teams more like special Olympics and a non existent pass rush. Protection and run blocking average and too many unforced errors. 
no use of height and never really gave the run game much of a chance. Disappointing start. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/3/2022 at 2:23 PM, Charles Fischer said:

"This will be a low scoring game."

You're half right.

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

The defender can’t tackle. The edge players aren’t setting any. This coach is as stubborn as some previous coach and won’t switch qbs. What has he to lose, the game is done, time to give the other qbs game experience. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Time to play Loose, Now.  Deep Breaths, no fancy magic game plans.  Building a future, seeing your strength, believe in yourself.  Believe in your coaches, staff and players.  Fly like a Duck, play like a Duck, Go Ducks.

• Go Ducks! 1

Well crap. I want to say that as the season unwinds Oregon will look better and Georgia won't look as good. I was hoping for a repeat of last year for you guys in Columbus. It's gonna get better.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Let’s hope! 1

What we learned??

DL is not magic

KD is not magic

Bo is still Bo

PAC linemen are still slow and weak compared to SEC guys

Our facilities still do not attract effort.

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually spot on.  I believe everybody is surprised how pathetic they were, I know I certainly am.  I hope someone will watch the film and post an evaluation of line play on both sides of the ball.  My initial feeling is it won't grade out well.

Don't beat yourself up. Many of us Duck fans, based on what our coaches and players were saying, thought we would be competitive. 

The good news is that we can only get better!

Getting better, in my opinion, begins with starting Ty Thompson against Eastern Washington. Nix has experience, but he has experience losing. Time to build.

• Applause 1

I have to say, Charles, that the defense today was a surprise to me--I wasn't expecting that.

I can’t think of a more difficult situation in the debut of a new coaching staff than playing the defending National Champions.

I am willing to be patient, but if we are going to improve over the long term bringing in transfer QBs that have struggled with previous teams is clearly not the answer. 

Edited by Drake
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Charles you are definitely not alone. Humiliating defeat but in retrospect not surprising. New coaches, new scheme, and as the last few games of last year taught us, a lot of overrated players. All that playing a tough, tested, top-3 team playing at home. Oregon Top 7 in talent, LOL. Wonder how many recruits we lose over the next few weeks. 

At least there's plenty of us to share the crow with.  Dawgs looked great, hats off to Georgia!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

But Charles, on another perhaps rather positive note, it sounds like you had about three times more people on the board during the game than you expected.

So that's good news! And I'm looking for good news wherever I can find it at the moment 🙂

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

As my dad used to say about the Ducks and Beavs every year..."it's a rebuilding year". 

This play and the youtube title epitomizes the two teams

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

"This will be a low scoring game."  Yeah, good call, for one team...Don't beat

Let me explain the game
of football to you...

giphy.gif

Don't beat yourself up Charles.  I too thought it would be a low scoring game because I knew Georgia had a good defense.  I just over-rated Oregon's by a country mile.  And you're still right when you said "The surprise of the Conference will be Oregon's defense".  I think 11 coaches in the Pac-12 right now are as surprised as you and I. are..along with about 99% of the rest of the OBD members.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/3/2022 at 4:39 PM, Desert Duck said:

it sounds like you had about three times more people on the board during the game than you expected.

Blown away. I am happy when we have 150 online at one time, and we actually had over 650 online at one time today.  We have a lot to offer Oregon fans with great articles, the fabulous FishDuck Feed and a wonderful community that values civility.  This was a great opportunity for the site to shine...

Too bad the team shat the bed...

And yeah...I've gotta charge up the bandwidth as loading was super-slow on mobile as well as desktop.  I'm learning, as I've had FishDuck--the article site for 11 years, but the forum is not quite a year old yet. I will get this improved.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

No worries at all. Thanks again for all you put into this. 

And by the way, if some of my "glass-half-empty" comments crossed over a bit to the dark side today, feel free to delete them 😉

On 9/3/2022 at 5:43 PM, Desert Duck said:

And by the way, if some of my "glass-half-empty" comments crossed over a bit to the dark side today, feel free to delete them

I did not see any problem with them.  Negative is fine, and for me it comes down to a comparison to prior posts in other years that were truly dark and the former OBD member was unrelenting in continuously posting them.  It looks like we had only one Drive-By Troll today, and his post was only up for seven minutes (thanks to the incredible moderator who caught it immediately!) and I think it was someone I've banned before.

Some people are this way....

Eeyore.jpg

You gotta love our moderators!

Mr. FishDuck

Been a busy day out in the woods and I haven't got to read any comments. Sorry if this has been said already.........

Basically, the only that saves this from being the worst debut in Oregon history is that no players climbed into the stands and clocked anybody..............

I implore coach Lanning to never again use any playbooks left behind by coach Cristobal.  In the appendix of that playbook you'll find instructions that no matter how badly the quarterback plays, no substitution is to be made. This was the most egregious error of the game.

The defense was also eerily similar to last year with no defenders within the tv picture of receivers.

They say that the most improvement a team makes is between game one and two................The Ducks could use nothing more than improvement...............

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

It’s entirely possible that UGA is really, really good and even better than the team that won the natty last year.  

Not time to panic yet.  

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You're not the only moron. I'am right with you. 

The pac 12 is dead. 

Oregon is one of its best teams and....... 3 points. 

Merge before its too late. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/3/2022 at 7:20 PM, fred flintstone said:

The Pac-12 is dead. 

That is a little dark.  And it better not be correct, as that looks our best option at this point!

We're stuck.

giphy.gif

• Oh no! 1
  • Yikes! 1

Mr. FishDuck

I don’t know what to say 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Sometimes these players move on sooner than they should and things don't work out--same could be said for some coaches-just sayin

there was no defensive scheme that I saw. Get ready for a very rough year.

If its any consolation,    Sabin went 7 and 6 in his first season at Alabama

Edited by florida duck

On 9/3/2022 at 2:33 PM, Log Haulin said:

Caw-Caw

More like caca

On 9/4/2022 at 5:41 AM, florida duck said:

If its any consolation,    Sabin went 7 and 6 in his first season at Alabama

Yeah but what types of players did he inherit? From all accounts Oregon is loaded with pretty decent talent. From what I saw the players are overrated or the coaching staff is overrated. Or a combination of both.

I wonder how NS would've have faired with this team yesterday?

Edited by GODUCKS15
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/3/2022 at 3:28 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Our facilities still do not attract effort.

Amazing line, and may be something for the Lanning staff to become vigilant about going forward.