Charles Fischer

Is Georgia That Good, or Oregon That Bad?

Look, I know Georgia is good, but both our players and coaching looked deficient.  One example: when UGA WRs were blocking, they sustained their blocks and allowed the flair pass to get great yardage.  Our WRs allowed their blocks to be defeated for short gains is all.  I could go on...

But I will admit the talent on Georgia oozed on nearly every play.  They were pretty impressive...

I don't think Oregon knew what
they were playing with....

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Mr. FishDuck

WOW, Now we know what a nail feels like ! That tight end wasn't human !

LOL your GIF is world class. This loss plus the two Utah losses points to a bad trend. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Both.

• Thumbs Up 1

Certainly no improvement over last year. Our defense seems to have regressed. Good news is there were no injuries, and no more Georgia.

• Thumbs Up 1

Georgia is that good.  That’s the quality of team that Oregon used to be…….before the slide starting with Helfrich began.   Off of today’s game, I can only hope we’ve hit bottom, and can only rise from here.  That was a non-competitive beatdown today…..the likes of which I hope we never see again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Think Georgia is that good and biggest difference is we have some great players at certain positions and they have great players at every position. They are deep and we would have lost to their second team.

SC winning easy but Rice had 133 yards rushing in first half. How many yards rushing would Rice have against Georgia? Utah struggling to move ball against unranked Florida team. P12 has a long way to go to get competitive with the powerhouses. 

Edited by LADuck
  • Whew! 1

On 9/3/2022 at 4:49 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I will admit the talent on Georgia oozed on nearly every play

Agreed, Georgia looked great and really executed well.  As for us?  We may need to make a few adjustments to this week's practice.

Tackling Drills - Football Toolbox

• Haha 2

What was astonishing to me, other than the woeful tackling, was the soft coverage by the Ducks’ secondary. Georgia’s receivers were rarely challenged, and frequently there was no Duck within five yards.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/3/2022 at 5:11 PM, Duck Fan 76 said:

Agreed, Georgia looked great and really executed well.  As for us?  We may need to make a few adjustments to this week's practice.

Tackling Drills - Football Toolbox

This cryptography might just be the thing to turn the season around. I would encourage you to forward this on to coach Lanning to share with the team.

One team just showed up to collect a participation trophy.

• Yikes! 1

On 9/3/2022 at 5:27 PM, DuckIt said:

One team just showed up to collect a participation trophy.

I'm not sure they deserve even that.  I guess the 'good news' would be that it's just got to be all up from here on, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing I also noticed was that the defensive backs for Georgia are fast.  Our receivers rarely had separation.  Now, what I don't know is if that had to do with route running, but my hunch is that it was the speed of Georgia's DB's.