Pennsylvania Duck

Words for Thought...Sobering but True

After yesterday's disaster, I found this tweet from the FishDuck Feed puts the situation into a better perspective. Perhaps many of us were expecting more than what is reality...Click on pics below to see entire tweet.

While it's certainly true it takes time to get used to a new system and is to be expected, it's discouraging that Lanning's superior recruiting (?) has brought us a seasoned 4th year QB who can't get a touchdown against a very good team. We're supposed to wait while he learns some more? Add to that a repeat of not playing the backups. Overall, the team has regressed.

I'm fully ready to support a mediocre team while this systems transition happens. What I can't support is this whole QB baloney. I watched OSU-Boise State last night and the backup QB, a freshman, came in and did a superb job, bringing some inspiration and team play up a level, and forcing the Beavs to put their starters back on the field. They discussed the QB competition in camp where there was a real competition, the result being there was no FEAR to put the backup in the game to jolt some action. But Oregon? Fearful of the QB position.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Positives:

Less dumb/major penalties than under Mario - much more disciplined there

1  for 1 on field goals

Uniforms looked cool

It is early, takes time to build a new system. Look at all the hall of fame coaches who struggled early.

• Go Ducks! 1

After yesterday, 9-4 or even 8-5 looks like as good as we should expect.

On 9/4/2022 at 8:00 AM, DimpleDucks said:

While it's certainly true it takes time to get used to a new system and is to be expected, it's discouraging that Lanning's superior recruiting (?) has brought us a seasoned 4th year QB who can't get a touchdown against a very good team. We're supposed to wait while he learns some more? Add to that a repeat of not playing the backups. Overall, the team has regressed.

I'm fully ready to support a mediocre team while this systems transition happens. What I can't support is this whole QB baloney. I watched OSU-Boise State last night and the backup QB, a freshman, came in and did a superb job, bringing some inspiration and team play up a level, and forcing the Beavs to put their starters back on the field. They discussed the QB competition in camp where there was a real competition, the result being there was no FEAR to put the backup in the game to jolt some action. But Oregon? Fearful of the QB position.

agree. I think the only reason Bo is here is because his relationship with Kenny D.

It did work for Boise State when they changed QB's against the Beavs last night. It didn't get a win, but the offense was energized. I don't think that bringing Thompson or Butterfield in against that Georgia D would have helped either the team or Thompson or Butterfield. This week's practices should be interesting.

Success is a journey, not a destination. I look forward to the continued journey, and glad I was no where near a tv yesterday. 

Dan Lanning is our coach and we are on his path to success. He has my support, 100%!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1