Legion

Clarification -Flowe's Hit

I am confused as to why this was flagged. Flowe takes less than two steps after running 10 plus yards at full speed. No head contact. What did I miss?

Didn't like the call

I thought it was clean 

• Like 1

At full speed I was positive it was targeting...but after the replay clearly not targeting and not even a late hit.

Edited by FreddyD
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/4/2022 at 5:31 PM, FreddyD said:

At full speed I was positive it was targeting...but after the replay clearly not targeting and not even a late hit.

The review booth decided to look at targeting but there is no review if it's a late hit. Refs are being pushed to flag hits on the QB aggressively.

If he doesn't extend his arm it isn't a late hit, just a continuation of momentum. Once he extends his arm and elbow it became a late hit. Agree it could have gone either way, but he needs to learn how to make it look better.

Agree that will get called all day long in the Pac-10 and it was more surprising to see in the SEC.

Flowe might be a good player, but if he doesn't settle down, he is going to be more of a liability. Every game he has played in he has cost us yards. He is consistently a day late and a dollar short to his tackles. 

I'm not sure if he is trying to be aggressive, or of he thinks it makes him a better player or he is finishing tackles? Look at Noah if you want to see an example of how to play well and not be a liability to your team. 

I'm not a fan of the call. 

Later in the game Nix was tackled to the ground well after he had released the ball and there was a no call. 

Feels like a lack of consistency from the refs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Refs first game too. I thought the officiating was pretty good overall. One bright spot for the Ducks was penalty yards. It was under 50 yards I think. 

I guess its pretty hard to get PI call when the defender is 6 yards away. So there is that.

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2022 at 10:27 PM, Haywarduck said:

If he doesn't extend his arm it isn't a late hit, just a continuation of momentum. Once he extends his arm and elbow it became a late hit. Agree it could have gone either way, but he needs to learn how to make it look better.

Agree that will get called all day long in the Pac-10 and it was more surprising to see in the SEC.

Yeah, except they were Big-12 refs.

I think Flower played in a handful of special teams snaps as a freshman in one game.

He played one game his next year.

Which means he has basically had two games since high school.

I don't think he had a particularly good game either, but when you look at the stats, he still had 10 tackles and the Duck's only TFL.

If it takes him two or three games to get it worked out, I'd say that's progressing pretty well.

Agree, all these players need time. Georgia relaoded, coaches just said, 'do what the last guy did' and they kept it up.

Oregon is going to need time and they will step up.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/5/2022 at 1:35 PM, David Marsh said:

I'm not a fan of the call. 

Later in the game Nix was tackled to the ground well after he had released the ball and there was a no call. 

Feels like a lack of consistency from the refs. 

I thought the same thing at the time.