Bruce3404

Ducks Fly Down to ESPN Bottom 10

OK, this is a more than a bit cruel, but according to today's ESPN bottom 10, the Ducks have joined such stalwarts as UMASS, New Mexico State and Akron in this week's bottom 10.  The Ducks are described as such:

#5.  Oregon.....Duck!  As in "Duck! Dive! Dodge! There's another Georgia defender coming!  And he's chewing on another page of Dan Lanning's playbook!".  You'd probably have to go back to the '80s to find the Ducks in Steve Harvey's real bottom 10.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34534866/college-football-bottom-10-even-winners-escape-our-list

Your link doesn't work.  I found the article on ESPN, but when I tried to link it I had no success.  Is it a subscription content?

I'm not surprised by the Ducks making ESPN the Bottom 10 at #5.  #5 is usually a good team that got beat bad the week before.  Now if the Ducks fall into any of the other standings, then you know we are having a bad season.

I don’t know which scenario is trickier, Georgia receiving excessive praise or Oregon receiving significant ridicule.

As Lanning suggests, the key is how the Ducks will respond to the loss. 

Go, Ducks………

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/7/2022 at 7:05 AM, Smith72 said:

Your link doesn't work.  I found the article on ESPN, but when I tried to link it I had no success.  Is it a subscription content?

Possibly.  When I tested it, it did work.  Originally fond it on Apple News, then went to ESPN site and copied their link

Edited by Bruce3404

Don't pay attention to writers who want to go Negative on the Ducks, they will be hitting some other team next week. 

The Ducks just have to tune out the noise and work the process -- improve on the weak spots.

I've coached baseball teams to a losing record -- but every kid got smarter at the game and improved their skills during the season. 

I didn't lose my kids because we can't control that other teams are loaded and better -- all we can control is our team and how we work the process at always getting better every day.

Lanning and this Duck team are going to be fine -- after the UGA loss Lanning has a chance to lead through adversity and players have the chance to put all they have into the process. This team will bond even tighter, they will circle the wagons and work the process together

The Ducks will come out the other side at the end of the season a completely different team and Top 25.

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Thumbs Up 2

WWW.ESPN.COM

Sometimes a win doesn't feel like a win -- like getting a cool tattoo only to discover a typo when you get home. Yeah, that's how the Bottom 10 feels.

For me, a meaningless ranking meant only to hook readers in.  You tell me there are 121 teams in the FBS Oregon can't beat?  Nonsense! lol

But, maybe it'll help motivate the players, tho I doubt many of them are paying any attention to this.  I know the coaches certainly shouldn't be.

When you put up a D2 level effort you should get regarded as such.  The final score could have been 70-3.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/7/2022 at 2:32 PM, Utki said:

When you put up a D2 level effort you should get regarded as such.  The final score could have been 70-3.

Naw... the Ducks were just about to say "Enough" and get tough....Georgia was lucky - it could have got ugly. But we let them off the hook....

Of course, I was only joking....