Annie

Game Day Color is Now Yellow Instead of Black

Given how hot it is supposed to be on Saturday, the switch makes sense.

BTW, is the Moshofsky Center air conditioned?

Are they expecting strong winds in Eugene through Saturday? Game is late in the day so thats helpful.

On 9/8/2022 at 5:26 PM, Annie said:

BTW, is the Moshofsky Center air conditioned?

Yep, and there are tasty beverages besides!

We love yellow in the crowds!  I sent a special email out as I'm having two photographers at this game shooting...just because it is going to be a yellow background.  It is the best.

Autzen Experience_Kevin Cline.jpg

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/8/2022 at 5:44 PM, Log Haulin said:

Are they expecting strong winds in Eugene through Saturday? Game is late in the day so thats helpful.

The forecast is for strong winds, but the winds might be coming from the East, and in that case they will be hot.

I've got a frozen bottle of water that I'll bring. Did that a few years ago when it was a really hot day and that  helped a lot.

On 9/8/2022 at 5:57 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Yep, and there are tasty beverages besides!

We love yellow in the crowds!  I sent a special email out as I'm having two photographers at this game shooting...just because it is going to be a yellow background.  It is the best.

Autzen Experience_Kevin Cline.jpg

I agree--yellow is best, especially for a game where it will be dark in the second half!

On 9/8/2022 at 7:24 PM, Annie said:

the winds might be coming from the East, and in that case they will be hot

We might be getting hit with the smoke from the Cedar Creek Fire. But it looks like the wind is supposed to move back to a more West to East direction later in the evening.

Could be a lot like the Fresno State game.

On 9/9/2022 at 9:58 AM, Babyjesus615 said:

We might be getting hit with the smoke from the Cedar Creek Fire. But it looks like the wind is supposed to move back to a more West to East direction later in the evening.

Could be a lot like the Fresno State game.

I am really hoping and crossing my fingers that we won't get hit with that smoke! Of course, I'm also hoping it won't get as hot as forecast, but not sure the weather spirits pay any attention to me.

• Let’s hope! 1

On 9/9/2022 at 11:10 AM, Annie said:

I am really hoping and crossing my fingers that we won't get hit with that smoke!

We live in Bend and I can see the smoke plume from the fire headed west. Hopefully by kick-off it'll switch directions and we can have a mostly clear game with a little bit of a breeze!

• Thumbs Up 1

Make it a "Yell-O" night!

Author: FishDuck Staff | FishDuck

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/9/2022 at 2:23 PM, cartm25 said:

Too bad. I love the black uniforms.

A compromise? . . . Yellow uniforms with black helmets, please?

Just thought of something else. The Ducks should have a night similar to Penn State's "White Out" night game. The Ducks could do it with yellow every year and call it Yellow Highlight Night, or just Highlight Night.

I think they've switched the color to black for next week's game.

I like the idea of Yellow Highlight Night. Makes much more sense than Can't See Anyone in the Stands Black Out Night.

Right now according to Purple Air the air quality at Autzen is 100, which is much better than the 155 up the road from my house.

• Thumbs Up 1