Charles Fischer

Recruiting Stunner: Oregon Assembling ELITE Defensive Line Class for 2023

My friends...this really is true, and when I think of how tough it has been recruiting to the defensive line over the years? Do we believe it?  Yeah Baby!

Many thanks to those posting articles in the FishDuck Feed, as this came from that Pinned Topic at the top of the forum, and you gotta check it out--all of each day's Oregon Sports News in one place?  Cool!

WWW.ON3.COM

Oregon has commitments from 7 defensive line prospects in the 2023 recruiting cycle. Dan Lanning is putting together an elite class.

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

The funny thing is that this year has been real tough to land offensive linemen. 

Need that to turn around for us as well. 

• Applause 1

My understanding from closely following Georgia recruiting is that this year is subpar for top offensive line recruits and pretty darn good for  defensive line prospects. I am no expert, but this is what i am hearing, and not just from the Georgia people.

On 9/8/2022 at 8:46 PM, David Marsh said:

The funny thing is that this year has been real tough to land offensive linemen. 

Need that to turn around for us as well. 

I would agree the quantity needs to improve.  However, you can't complain about the quality! 

Josh Connerly, Dave Iuli, Michael Wooten, Sir Mells, and Kawika Rogers bring talent and size to the OL. 

Fascinating. Here’s hoping it pays off. Thumbs up David Marsh. O-line is most important unit on a team (said an old old O-lineman).  

When listening to an interview the other day between Canzano and Mike Leach, John directed a very a point-blank question to the eccentric, pirate wannabe.   

I don’t recall the exact wording, but Mike was asked about the position group with biggest gap in talent between the SEC and the others.  After some self-muttering about all teams have good skill position players, he settled on the defensive line as being, without question, the position group with the widest talent gap between the haves and the have-nots.

I’ve always thought a safe philosophy when building a football team is to focus on strengthening the positions that play closest to the ball (in its pre-snap location) first, and then work your way to the perimeter. 

My concerns with Oregon are usually with the beef up front, so I’m pleased to hear that at least on the defensive side, the Ducks are making a move.  I agree with David & Drex – we have to hit the “O” line hard. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Great football starts with great D, you stop teams in their tracks they become impatient and frustrated.--As we have seen.

On 9/9/2022 at 5:24 AM, Smith72 said:

I would agree the quantity needs to improve.  However, you can't complain about the quality! 

Josh Connerly, Dave Luli, Michael Wooten, Sir Mells, and Kawika Rogers bring talent and size to the OL. 

Oh the quality of the last recruiting class was good. 

The problem is the lack of many recruits this recruiting class. 

However, the transfer portal changes everything when it comes to recruiting as well. So if Oregon can get a few quality pieces at offensive line then go transfer portal shopping. 

• Thumbs Up 1