FishDuck Article

EW! It’s Eastern Washington and We Need to Worry

Don't miss this week's Saturday Spoof, as Alan Lohner creates hit/humor pieces that will brighten your day.

FISHDUCK.COM

The Eastern Washington Eagles swoop in today, creating trepidation and real concern for Duck fans flocking to Autzen Stadium: "Did I pack the...

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Wow!  Wow!  Your best writing so far.  You get better each week.  Thank you Alan for making my morning!

Let's Go Ducks, get those Normal School Savages.  Er, I mean the EW Field Mouse Killers! 😂😄😅

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Alan for the laugh. Another fun start to my Saturday. Though being without power for the weekend will eliminate watching the game. Wonder if any sports bars will allow 2 great danes and a Carin Terrier puppy for 4 hours.

OBDF members enjoy the game and as always, GO DUCKS......

• Haha 1

Say, wasn't the All-Pro Cooper Krupp (last year's NFL 'Triple Crown" winner for most passes caught, most yards gained and most TD's scored) an Eastern Washington Eagle?  And wasn't Vernon Adams from that program as well?  Unless I'm wrong, this team does recruit talent. Maybe not nearly as much as Oregon does, but... a "cupcake" of an opponent?

I'm not so sure.  Oregon 38-20, maybe a little better.  I hope the Ducks aren't looking past them and at BU.  Just saying -

Edited by Mic

Agree we need to worry about being in Oregon football fan ready condition.

Do we have tickets, or the channel, food, beer ready? If one is having ribs an incredible amount of planning has to go into that, if one wants to do it right. The Fishduck chicken would take days of planning. The choice of beer is a daunting task, so many choices, but still an important commitment.

The details are all important. From making sure the weber is ready to go, to who to ask to the game day experience. If you ask the wrong people, it can ruin the whole game. The talkers need to know, talk during commercial time, and not during play time. Blow any of these selections and the outcome of the experience is adversely affected. 

We should all be grateful we have an EWU game to get it all right. Come midseason we should have it down like a well oiled machine. I suppose this should make us realize just how hard Dan Lanning has it, right?

It’s too bad the Ducks didn’t schedule Portland State last week instead of throwing our student athletes to the wolves in the state of Georgia. 

Bad mouth the SEC blue bloods all you want but nobody grades them at the end of the season for those easy wins against Mombuteck University backed up by Bowling Alley College. Strength of Schedule means absolutely nothing in today’s ESPNsNCAA.

It blows my mind why we schedule these types of games on the road against high power teams east of Colorado. Nobody of consequence cares that we beat tOSU last year. Except for Duck Fans. If we had lost only one game last year the Buckeyes still would of been ranked higher than the Ducks.

Today’s game will be pressure packed for our team to not only win but to blow out the Eagles. I’m sure we will but who knows. These are still kids.

Go 🦆🦆🦆s

IMNHO (In my not so humble opinion), I don’t believe that FBS teams should scheduled FCS teams. All too often these “tune up” games are nothing more then scheduled padding. Lets put the deadly Western Oregon University wolves , and say the Central Catholic Rams on the menu. Gosh what a test.

Just look at Alabama daring to take on Utah State, and perennial powerhouse Austin Peay. God of Moses, the Tide is even willing to risk all, by taking on the UL Monroe Warhawks. (Who are these people)? Truly they have no fear, or pride, or even a sense of fair play let alone honor.

Georgia #3, and BYU #21 sure but Eastern Washington ? They have my respect in this one.

Is this hell? No, it's Eastern Washington.

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

(For crying out loud guys....before you complain about the opponent--at least read Alan's amazing article first!)

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/10/2022 at 9:33 AM, LuckeyDuck said:

Georgia #3, and BYU #21 sure but Eastern Washington ? They have my respect in this one.

Mine too.  

Until we beat them to do otherwise is not only un-sportsmanlike but risky.  O will probably cover but really, what last week did anyone see to feel so confident that O can just walk thru this?  38-20 Oregon isn't unreasonable, 49-17 is probably more likely but  33-24 is not out of the question.  EWU has a 5000 yard passer and a 1000 yard rusher.

Edited by Mic

Alan you're on fire! Awesome writing, intellect and humor... its humbling the talent you show