Jump to content
Principal Duck

Eugene Air Quality

Recommended Posts

Up here in Portland the air is very similar to what it was during the terrible forest fires a couple years ago. The sky is dark and the air quality appears to be in the unhealthy category. This will be the first game I've gone to in a few years and I'm bringing the kids, so I'm wondering does anybody have any live reports of what it looks like in Eugene or how this may impact the game today?

Link to post
Share on other sites

According to aqicn.org, the air quality at Autzen is about the same as Portland, in the moderate range.  The forcast has N,NE breezes starting about 2:00 which is suppost to clear the air some to just patchy smoke.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now at Autzen it is 151: "Some members of the general public may experience health effects with 24 hours of exposure; members of sensitive groups may experience more serious health effects."

 

You can keep track at Purple Air. Just check the circle a little to the left of the intersection of I-5 and 126--that will be Autzen.

 

MAP.PURPLEAIR.COM

Real time measurement of air quality on a public map. Useful to community scientists or air quality professionals alike, PurpleAir...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2022 at 8:09 AM, Annie said:

Right now at Autzen it is 151: "Some members of the general public may experience health effects with 24 hours of exposure; members of sensitive groups may experience more serious health effects."

 

You can keep track at Purple Air. Just check the circle a little to the left of the intersection of I-5 and 126--that will be Autzen.

 

MAP.PURPLEAIR.COM

Real time measurement of air quality on a public map. Useful to community scientists or air quality professionals alike, PurpleAir...

 

I'm seeing 163.  I guess it's updated rapidly.

  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2022 at 8:14 AM, Mic said:

I'm seeing 163.  I guess it's updated rapidly.

It is updated rapidly. It is now 170.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if I'm reading this correctly, but if I am it looks as if the wind will start coming from the West instead of the East around 2 pm today, which could help clear the air.

WWW.WINDFINDER.COM

Windfinder.com - Detailed wind & weather forecast for Mahlon Sweet Field Airport / Oregon, United States of America for...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say it, 'It's never smoky in Autzen Stadium!' 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2022 at 8:51 AM, Haywarduck said:

I have to say it, 'It's never smoky in Autzen Stadium!' 

What, you never attended a Deadhead gathering?

 

Supervising a group of hs students in a concession booth on the North rim of Autzen was a 'high' point in my life...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

From FishDuck Feed, a photo taken last night by someone flying into Eugene.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The air quality at Autzen is improving. It was 179 about an hour ago and now it is 153. It should continue to improve.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

And...now it's 148.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2022 at 10:25 AM, Annie said:

The air quality at Autzen is improving. It was 179 about an hour ago and now it is 153. It should continue to improve.

 

 

Good!  Maybe our receivers will be able to see the ball coming at 'em and make the catch....

 

(thanks for the updates, we're driving out in a couple hours)

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2022 at 10:33 AM, Mic said:

Good!  Maybe our receivers will be able to see the ball coming at 'em and make the catch....

 

(thanks for the updates, we're driving out in a couple hours)

You;re welcome and have a safe drive!

 

Lowell must be getting the brunt of the smoke now--it is up to a whopping 588 there! (While at Autzen it has already dropped a bit again down to 144.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Down to 134 at Autzen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Down to 114 at Autzen. So improving rapidly.

  • Applause 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2022 at 11:04 AM, Annie said:

Down to 114 at Autzen. So improving rapidly.

Tailgate On!

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t the 2017 home opener really bad? I just remember smokey skies and KO return for a TD on the opening kick.

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.083907112cf9e4533f48245b4b0c300f.pngAs a comparison to the air quality after the Holiday Farm fire in 2020. That was about as bad as it could get without sticking your face into a campfire. So 110-150 ppm counts ain't great and 95°F at game time won't help, but the game will almost certainly be played, with minimal risk for players and fans.  Go Ducks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going back up--131. 😞  Hope it drops again soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2022 at 7:54 AM, Principal Duck said:

This will be the first game I've gone to in a few years and I'm bringing the kids

On the VERY plus side, the smoke has blocked out most of the sun so instead of the 99 degrees that was forecasted it's currently about 80 degrees here in Eugene.

Link to post
Share on other sites

158 up here in Seattle. Ash has dusted all over the cars.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...
Top