Mic

Boy, Are Those Rankings Going to Flip!

21+ Pt. dog Texas is going to cover, even minus their starting QB.  Heck, they may even win this one.  Alabama looking unable to contend with the passing game.  Too bad Miami isn't playing somebody important (and worthy).  But that's their fault.

An un-ranked team beating #1,  13-10,  end of the 3rd.  One Qtr left.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/10/2022 at 2:20 PM, Mic said:

21+ Pt. dog Texas is going to cover, even minus their starting QB.  Heck, they may even win this one.  Alabama looking unable to contend with the passing game.  Too bad Miami isn't playing somebody important (and worthy).  But that's their fault.

An un-ranked team beating #1,  13-10,  6:39 left in the 3rd.

Don’t look now, but Uncle Mo is clearly with the Longhorns.

Bama heading to the fourth with more penalties than pass completions.

UGA’ is somewhere licking his chops!

In my few minutes of viewing, I saw a lot of missed tackles by Alabama. Not just a Ducks' thing.

Alabama finally gets a lead, with 8:29 left to go in the game.  17-16 Ala.

Texas has Top 10 roster talent, they should be a ranked team. Sark is in year two- the staff is now developing and getting the team to play up to its talent.

Lanning and staff need to get the Ducks developed and playing up to its talent level. 

The fact Mario and staff lost took the bad losses to Utah and Chokelahoma show they weren't doing a solid coaching job,

Lanning and staff certainly didn't have the Ducks playing up to their talent level last week. We are going to see soon if the staff can fix that in year one.

Texas now in FG range, 1:30 left on clock, down 17-16 to Bama

On 9/10/2022 at 12:23 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Texas now in FG range, 1:30 left on clock, down 17-16 to Bama

Bingo.  Now, will another FG beat 'em?

Edited by Mic

This may be the beginning of the end of Saban.

Last year he was undefeated against his former assistant coaches... He lost two games to his former assistants last year (Fisher and Smart). And it is looking like another one of his assistants might take another one.

Texas fans would be feeling pretty good about their SEC move if they win this one.

Field switched. Now Texas 19-17 but Bama in FG range with 0:35 left. Regardless, Georgia the new #1 and it takes a tiny amount of sting out of last week.

On 9/10/2022 at 12:33 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Field switched. Now Texas 19-17 but Bama in FG range with 0:35 left. Regardless, Georgia the new #1 and it takes a tiny amount of sting out of last week.

St. Saban escapes...again!

Games gets easier to manage when your QB is just that cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, and North Carolina goes down to Georgia.... Georgia St... not... but it was close!

Edited by Mic

Marshall is beating ND so far in the 3rd quarter 9-7.

Marshall up 26 - 15 on Notre Dame. With 4:35 i left in the  4th.

Edited by Dave23
  • Yikes! 1

Marcus Freeman about to go 0-2 as a rookie head coach.  Feel sorry for him but elated to see Notre Dame struggle.

On 9/10/2022 at 11:20 AM, Mic said:

An un-ranked team beating #1,  13-10,  end of the 3rd.  One Qtr left.

A missed field goal from 20 yards or Alabama loses today.  Ugh!   I was looking forward to them losing today, and then Georgia eliminating them from playoffs later in the year.  Nick Satan escapes again. 

On 9/10/2022 at 3:39 PM, McDuck said:

Marcus Freeman about to go 0-2 as a rookie head coach.  Feel sorry for him but elated to see Notre Dame struggle.

Notre Dame is overrated as usual.

• Applause 1

On 9/10/2022 at 12:06 PM, DazeNconfused said:

Texas has Top 10 roster talent, they should be a ranked team. Sark is in year two- the staff is now developing and getting the team to play up to its talent.

Lanning and staff need to get the Ducks developed and playing up to its talent level. 

The fact Mario and staff lost took the bad losses to Utah and Chokelahoma show they weren't doing a solid coaching job,

Lanning and staff certainly didn't have the Ducks playing up to their talent level last week. We are going to see soon if the staff can fix that in year one.

I think Oregon is going to be just fine.  I think we will be playing Utah with each team having just one loss.  I still think a major bowl is on the table for Oregon.

• Whew! 1

Classy post by a ND fan on one of their boards.  Did I mention I really don't like ND?

Congrats to the Marshall players. This will be the best day of your life, so enjoy it. You losers will never accomplish anything in your lives. That's why you go to Marshall.

On 9/10/2022 at 3:02 PM, McDuck said:

Congrats to the Marshall players. This will be the best day of your life, so enjoy it. You losers will never accomplish anything in your lives. That's why you go to Marshall.

I could have sworn I saw a rendition of this by USC fans toward Oregon recently....

Mr. FishDuck

Classy post by a ND fan on one of their boards.  Did I mention I really don't like ND?

Oh wow!  I did not realize Notre Dame lost to Marshal today.  We had a major storm here last night and my Direct TV is out until Monday. 

It will be interesting how far down ND will be ranked after this loss.

• Thumbs Up 1

Washington State is up three points against Wisconsin.

Go PAC 

• Thumbs Up 1

That is pathetic-

On 9/10/2022 at 3:13 PM, Dave23 said:

Washington State is up three points against Wisconsin.

Go PAC 

Lets hope they dont COUG IT.

Appalachian State up three points on Texas a&m. The old division one champions are having a field day with ranked teams love to see the Little guy have a chance just hopefully not tonight against Oregon.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/10/2022 at 3:06 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I could have sworn I saw a rendition of this by USC fans toward Oregon recently....

You probably did.  Both teams fans are cut from the same cloth, thus my distaste for both.

Watching the Wisconsin offense ranks right up there with watching paint dry.

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2022 at 3:49 PM, Jester said:

Watching the Wisconsin offense ranks right up there with watching paint dry.

Haha, then watching Iowa is like watching dried paint.

• Haha 1

Appalachian State upsetting Texas A&M!

Cougars win.

Texas ATM losing to App. State at home...is an absolute riot.

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

BYU followed by WSU…tough schedule. 

On 9/10/2022 at 4:03 PM, jrw said:

BYU followed by WSU…tough schedule. 

I think both BYU's top receivers are out for the foreseeable future?

Horrific play by Texas in the RedZone, especially a missed chip shot FG at the end of the first half and talk about missed tackles! On the last drive, Longhorn has Young lined up perfect for a sack, but he goes in high, Young slips under, avoiding the sack and gains 17 yards. Texas clearly lost this game more than No.1 Alabama? won it. 

Edited by 30Duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

And somehow Notre Dame will be ranked ahead of the Ducks on Monday.  Book it. 

I would love to know what the radio guy (not local) who raved on and on and ON about ND after their LOSS to Ohio State, saying how great ND was, etc., and how great Ohio State was for beating ND says now.

Marshall beating AtM makes you ponder about all this NIL stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/11/2022 at 10:01 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

Marshall beating AtM makes you ponder about all this NIL stuff.

Marshall beat the Golden Domers not the Aggies. The Aggies got beat by App St

• Yikes! 1

On 9/11/2022 at 10:04 AM, DazeNconfused said:

Marshall beat the Golden Domers not the Aggies. The Aggies got beat by App St

Whoops----my bad-- but ND still has A lot higher recruits and whats worse is that App State beat AtM,  Im sure App state does not have NIL $$$ close to A&M.

On 9/11/2022 at 10:10 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

Whoops----my bad-- but ND still has A lot higher recruits and whats worse is that App State beat AtM,  Im sure App state does not have NIL $$$ close to A&M.

Yep, there really are no excuses for Freeman and Fisher that fly. lol

On 9/11/2022 at 10:11 AM, DazeNconfused said:

Yep, there really are no excuses for Freeman and Fisher that fly. lol

Theres going to be a lot of unhappy NIL contributors in the future Im thinking.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

On 9/10/2022 at 3:30 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Lets hope they dont COUG IT.

Actually, Ducker, I'm happy they didn't coug-it.  

Anytime a Pac-12 team beats a Big-10, Big-12, SEC or ACC team the better it is for this conference.  We play Wazoo in a couple weeks and if we can take it to them it looks all that much better for us.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/10/2022 at 2:44 PM, Dave23 said:

Notre Dame is overrated as usual.

But they have to much talent to look like this. 

On 9/12/2022 at 11:37 AM, Pac10again said:

But they have to much talent to look like this. 

I heartily agree.  The opening game loss to Ohio St must have been devastating to the players and the coaches were either unable to rally them (like Lanning & staff did for Oregon) OR the coaching there is questionable.

Notre Dame has, for a number of years now, been one of those teams that has consistently under-performed, given the amazing amount of talent they are able to recruit, imo.  (which is fine with me!)

Edited by Mic
  • Thumbs Up 1