Charles Fischer

Join Us! GameDay Thread vs. Eastern Washington

Here we are my friends, the thread for discussing the actual game as it happens. The vast majority of you are GREAT in this thread, but you must remember that this forum is different, as we like civilized discussion, and really don't want to read nonsense from other people.

I have had to ban a few people in the past...simply because of this thread.  They were fine during normal forum discussion, but turned into something ugly in this thread when things in the game did not go well.

Posting negative is fine, but going dark on the entire program, the future of Oregon football, the IQ and tenure of Dan Lanning over one play, one decision or even one game is too far. Again, usual negative observations and opinions about the game are fine.

No venting.  Telling us you don't like the interception and adding some salt to it is fine, but hammering us many times in the thread about how stupid something is--will be deleted.  This is a place to let go, but not vent.  Can you tell the difference?

When you write that Oregon is playing like crap, or sucks, etc....do you really think your astute observation is not already noticed by everyone else? When you are writing stuff like that...you are not adding comments or analysis, you are venting. Again....negative is fine!  This is the hard part of moderating, and that is explaining how 95% of the negative written is just fine. 

What about being critical of the players/coaches? We can be critical of player performance and coaching decisions, but we cannot get personal on them.

I really do want you all to have fun with this, and sorry for having to delve into it, but I know I need to spell this out for a few people.  Now let's have some fun discussing this upcoming game of the Dan Lanning era!

Dan Lanning_GoDucks.com.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Go Ducks!

Good grief.  Can somebody tell Ted Robinson after all these years of calling Oregon games, that it is not YOU-gene, but it is pronounced you-GENE with the accent on the second syllable?  But I should not be surprised...a decade ago in 2012, when Mariota pulled the ball on a Zone Read he shouted, "Great fake!"

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

A defensive stop. This is good!

• Thumbs Up 1

Offense using TE’s is awesome! Nice TD; it feels good to get that one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good tough run into the end zone by Ferguson. He was one of the few bright spots last game, I hope he's more of a focus for the passing offense going forward.

• Thumbs Up 3

Looks like the two transfer RBs are staking claim in the regular rotation.

On 9/10/2022 at 6:17 PM, cartm25 said:

Looks like the two transfer RBs are staking claim in the regular rotation.

Wittingham feels like the better of the two. Not sure why Cardwell and Dollars aren't getting any carries though...

Offensive line feels inconsistent, good execution on one play then total penetration into the pocket by EWU the next. 

Furgusion made that horrible pass look good. 

But still... Bad Bo... Don't force that pass! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man, Nix got really lucky on that one. He should carry Ferguson's backpack for him all day Monday.

Stared him down the whole time.

Edited by Dave23

Ok, I am happy to see how wrong I was with my 17-13 score prediction.  Go Ducks!

On 9/10/2022 at 7:22 PM, kirklandduck said:

Wittingham feels like the better of the two. Not sure why Cardwell and Dollars aren't getting any carries though...

The more I watch Cardwell the more I struggle to know if he runs with patience or a lack or urgency. I think there’s a fine line.

Ugh I didn't like them showing that Travis Dye highlight 😛

Watching the INT made me feel a little better though 

On 9/10/2022 at 6:28 PM, DuckFan93 said:

Ok, I am happy to see how wrong I was with my 17-13 score prediction.  Go Ducks!

You should've predicted the WSU game instead!

On 9/10/2022 at 6:28 PM, DuckFan93 said:

17-14 as a score feels like a curse for the favored team today. 

If we're up something like 42-0 at the half, what do you think the odds are of seeing a backup QB or two get some PT in the second half?

Edited by Desert Duck

So far... Irving is a thumper at runningback and he can take some hits and keep on trucking. But he is not good catching balls out of the backfield. 

Cardwell has some solid vision and can bob and wave through a crowd. He also a real threat in the recievers game. 

On 9/10/2022 at 7:56 PM, David Marsh said:

Irving is a thumper at runningback and he can take some hits and keep on trucking. But he is not good catching balls out of the backfield. 

If he cleans up his game he could be dangerous.

At a wedding in Bend. Trying to catch as much as I can. O line has been solid. Opened up some nice lanes for big chunks in the run game. 

On 9/10/2022 at 7:46 PM, Desert Duck said:

If we're up something like 42-0 at the half, what do you think the odds are of seeing a backup QB or two get some PT in the second half?

I imagine that a backup QB will get in if the momentum is carried through the 3rd quarter.

On 9/10/2022 at 7:21 PM, cartm25 said:

I imagine that a backup QB will get in if the momentum is carried through the 3rd quarter.

If a backup QB does not get some PT tonight, that will absolutely tell me all I need to know about our backup QBs. 

I have to comment on the difference between MC and Lanning. MC would have drained the clock to go into the half up 28-7 (assuming MC could have mustered 28 points).

After the Ducks got to 35, they stopped EWU with two minutes left in the 2nd quarter and Dan Lanning APPROPRIATELY used a timeout to conserve time to TRY AND SCORE AGAIN BEFORE THE HALF!!

It was the first timeout of the entire half used by the Ducks.

Thank you, Dan Lanning.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Are we keeping Bo in until he gets a pick on the stat sheet?

Like we need to add fuel to that debate.

Nice twist on a pick six!

Any word on McGee?

TT is having a good showing, Dude has a cannon for sure.

On 9/10/2022 at 8:15 PM, woundedknees said:

Any word on McGee?

Nope. Let's hope he's ok.

This was definitely an improvement over last week. 

The BYU game will tell us a lot more. 

Edited by Desert Duck

On 9/10/2022 at 3:24 PM, David Marsh said:

Furgusion made that horrible pass look good. 

That should have been a pick 6, with the defender having the inside position.  It looked like Ferguson covered the DB's eyes with his right hand while catching the ball with his left.  So the defender never saw the ball until it was too late.

I would have like to have seen some deep shots taken this game.  I know it wasn't necessary with the YAC and all the success running the ball, but if ever there was a game to practice it, this was it.  TT made one attempt to go vertical but overthrew his receiver by a mile which was probably for the best, considering he threw into double coverage.

• Thumbs Up 1