1Funduck

What's the Over/Under Scott Frost Keeps His Job?

"'....it's just too difficult to recruit to Eugene', or something like that. Coach Frost is about to become just Mr. Frost. 8AM today sounds about right. Tough gig to be a millionaire and perform so poorly.

• Mic drop 1

I think they’ll do it Monday morning if they’re going to fire him. My question is who are they going to get to replace him? 

SunBelt Conference Did Great...Georgia Southern over Nebraska 45-42 

From FishDuck Feed yesterday

On 9/11/2022 at 6:37 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I think they’ll do it Monday morning if they’re going to fire him. My question is who are they going to get to replace him? 

Fair question.  I am guessing that with college football trying to change into a  two conference sport, it will now become easier to get quality coaches to leave other conferences to come to the BIG or SEC?    Show me the money!

I am not sure how they could do much worse than Frost regardless.

Im surprised he hasnt already been fired.

• Thumbs Up 1

Frost is definitely on the hot seat. However, he is still Nebraska football roy. Soalty. It's probably why he still has the Cornhusker job .

IMHO, he may be safe until October 1st. His buy out drops from $15 million to $7.5 million.  His teams are not getting blown out. They just cant hold leads or close them out. Booing at a home game at Nebraska is just rare. It happened yesterday.  So who knows? First donor with $7.5 million can make it happen.

All bets may be off the table if the Sooners take the Huskers to the woodshed.  It is ironic that Coach Clay Helton's team pulled the upset 2 years to the day he got fired by USC. Good for you and your team Clay.

On a side note. GO DUCKS........

On 9/11/2022 at 12:30 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Frost is definitely on the hot seat. However, he is still Nebraska football roy

He may be at one time Nebraska royalty, but the Nebraska press isn't looking at it that way anymore. I can't tell you the number of negative write-ups I've seen this morning regarding Frost while searching for the FishDuck Feed. Hate to pile on the guy, but here is an example of what I've been seeing.

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

Nebraska needs to finally pull the plug on Scott Frost after a historically humiliating defeat to Georgia Southern marks a new...

Nebraska is so close to being less bad and actually winning games. 

I think Frost has this season to get to the bowl game. It still can be done but is growing less likely. 

If they are going to fire Frost mid season it will happen Monday... I guess there is nothing hard and fast about that rule but if the Nebraska higher ups delay they are only making themselves look incompetent. Otherwise they ride out the season. 

But the big question is who do the replace Frost with this year if they opt to fire him now? I find it doubtful whoever they have will do any better. These losses are on score and he can't figure out how to not-lose properly... By actually not losing. 

I think Frost is probably gone at the end of the season at the very least. Unless there is miraculous turnaround, but that feels unlikely. The players haven't been buying into the culture fully. 

I guess they are too busy vomiting from their new offensive line coaches workout routine. 

On 9/11/2022 at 6:37 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

On 9/11/2022 at 8:43 AM, Pac10again said:

Fair question.  I am guessing that with college football trying to change into a  two conference sport, it will now become easier to get quality coaches to leave other conferences to come to the BIG or SEC?    Show me the money!

I am not sure how they could do much worse than Frost regardless.

They won't promote the DC that came with him from UCF and let Northwestern and GA. So put up almost 80 points on them.

They will give OC Mark Whipple who just came over from Pitt this season the interim HC job for the rest of the season. 

Edited by DazeNconfused

Pennsylvania Duck, great find on this article. Thanks for these view points  There definitely is a anger feeling toward Frost, for sure. Just depends on how the final decision maker(s) feel.  His fate is sealed just depends on the when, where and how they pull the trigger.

Also, thank you so much for taking the time to research, find and post all the Duck related pieces. You rock.........

• Like 1

His buyout drops by half on October 1st.  Seems likely he stays on for a few more weeks...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/11/2022 at 10:01 AM, Duckman said:

His buyout drops by half on October 1st.  Seems likely he stays on for a few more weeks...

Bingo.. I forgot that.. 

On 9/11/2022 at 12:59 PM, David Marsh said:

But the big question is who do the replace Frost with this year if they opt to fire him now?

There has also been quite a few articles on possible replacements for Frost. Here is one of the latest articles I saw today while searching for FishDuck Feed. It is hard to imagine a coach leaving a few games into the season though.

SATURDAYBLITZ.COM

I wrote about potential Scott Frost replacements at Nebraska football two weeks ago, but here are some realistic options after...

Wow! That was fast.

He gone.