Pac10again

Washington and Oregon Open as 3 Point Favorites.

Washington?  Really?

Maybe, but I will take Michigan State and give you 9 points.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

No kidding!!!! Sparty gonna crush Dub's soul...

3 points is (generally) the 'edge' a home venue gives a team.  ie: even-steven, other things being considered.  And I think that's just about right, or hope it is because BYU is the real deal having had their way in our conference last year and coming off a big win against a good Baylor team.  

Oregon will have to play at their best to win this one - our young secondary will be seriously tested.  And we still need a pass rush!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

My feelings towards the purple pound puppies remain the same, but I have to acknowledge that there is a whole new mood to the world of college football out there now, and they - along with little brother to the north - are feeling it, and can’t wait to leap over the old, and into this new landscape to grab whatever it has to offer. 

My advice to myself? Suspend judgement. Let go of the past. Expect the unexpected. The greatest danger to OBD? Living, dwelling on, and trying to recreate our past success. That’s what finally drove USC over the edge. 

It’s a whole new world. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/12/2022 at 8:45 AM, Mic said:

3 points is (generally) the 'edge' a home venue gives a team.

That's right, I still don't see how the Pups beating up on Kent State and Portland State makes them even with No.11 Michigan State. Regarding UW, we may have to acknowledge just how bad a coach Lake was, and that The Boar could actually make a positive change. I know that it's fortunate that the game against BYU is at Autzen, those 3 HF points will certainly help.

Agree that they are factoring in home field.

If the game were in Provo I would be really concerned.   I am still concerned but hoping the home crowd is revved up and Autzen is loud.

• Thumbs Up 1

From FishDuck Feed last night...Click on color chart to enlarge

Fresno St beats USC. MSU beats fuskies. Cal covers and possibly beats ND. Book it!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/12/2022 at 10:30 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Fresno St beats USC. MSU beats fuskies. Cal covers and possibly beats ND. Book it!

That would be wonderful.  However, USC will thump Fresno I am afraid. Cal beating Notre Dame would be glorious!

I'm gonna bookmark this ('cause you said "book it" for future references!  😀

I share your sentiments, just not your optimism, tho I certainly think MSU could beat Washington.  Not so sure on the Fresno St. thing, nor Cal.

Bold predictions, and I like truly bold predictions, rather than the humus on stale chips that others serve up as "bold" predictions. FS is not necessarily the ledge that I would be dangling from, but that's what makes it an admirably bold prediction.

• Go Ducks! 1

Fun stuff you OBDF members. Personally, whoever beats USC will have to score a bunch of points. Stanford moved the ball at will and at least twice was first and goal inside the five. And they came up with ZERO points. The outcome could have been way different.

600 plus yards and you lose? GEEZ!

We may not see any kind of defensive blue print to stopping their high flying offense until the Utah game. Unless SC stops themselves with penalties and turnovers. If FSU cant handle the Beavus squad at home then handing the traitors in the Coliseum will be a tall task....

Unlike Wisconsin, which is one dimensional, USC can throw the ball and their receivers are NFL caliber. The Cougars were able to play man coverage. The Badgers receivers couldnt get separation. No chance in man against USC. When WSU played zone, the Whisky QB moved the ball. Caleb Williams and those USC receivers will have a field day.

I hope WSU, Utah and UCLA beat the Trojans. Oregon has a good shot at 8-1 in conference but 7-2 is more realistic.That may not be enough for the Ducks to make the title game.

Its a new world without divisions.

GO DUCKS!

• Great post! 1

Go check the stats on what Aranda at Baylot did the last two years to Riley's offense. 

As much as that sounds good. I think it is more important to root for the PAC 12. Oregon State and Washington State improved the PAC's profile in the world. If USC, UW, CAL, and UO come through this weekend, the PAC's stature in the world grows. 

You want Oregon to be top 6 by the end of the year? Beating a ranked UW, a ranked OSU, and a ranked Utah, on the way to beating a ranked USC in the championship game is a great way to get there... (tough my personal preference is beating OSU twice - an undefeated OSU at the end of the regular season and a one loss OSU in the championship game).

• Thumbs Up 1