cartm25

BYU Sports Talking Matchup With Ducks (VIDEO)

For those interested, here’s BYU sports talk discussing the Oregon v BYU game.

Always intriguing to here the other side’s take on the matchup:

• Thanks 1

Well, if Blaine Fowler is right about all he says here, the game's already over, Oregon's lost.  But...the NCAA still requires that the game actually gets played on the field, not on paper.

It's a good look at what one informed analyst (albeit very biased) sees as each team's strengths and weaknesses.  And although he didn't say it directly, between the lines he did, in fact, point out the one area that BYU can exploit to their advantage over Oregon: their experience.  More Juniors and Seniors than Oregon with lots more game experience.

Remember, Oregon's roster is made up of 85% Frosh & Sophs.  All other things being equal, Oregon is by far the younger, lesser experienced team.  BYU will try to intimidate Oregon with their physicality (which they have) and beat us with speed and quickness (which they also have).  We have those things too but we are young and relatively inexperienced as compared to BYU.

Our mostly younger players are gonna have to play up to BYU, not the other way around.  Game on!  GO DUCKS

Edited by Mic

All this told me was this guy thinks BYU is the GOAT. Thought I heard him say the starting QB will be a G-pa in November. Could have heard that wrong though.

Whats the over/under on BYU player filings of SSI after the game?

I think he hasn't really followed Oregon football closely the past few years. He is assuming Lanning is transitioning from a Chip Kelly team not a Mari(no O) team. 

I think the Oregon offense is moving more toward a speed based offense now than the past few years, not less. 

Baylor, he says, had the fasted guy on the field at wideout, and they didn't get deep on BYU. How many of those guys did they have. Oregon with put several guys out there at the same time, plus a few tight ends that can get deep.

I don't think he really watched the Oregon/Georgia game. Georgia' offense beat Oregon on the perimeter, not the power game inside, 60% of their plays were passes, many swings and screens. 

I just don't think the guys is very good at what he's trying to do. At BYU or even neutral may BYU wins this, at Autzen Ducks by 10.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/14/2022 at 10:15 AM, OhioDuck said:

I think he hasn't really followed Oregon football closely the past few years. He is assuming Lanning is transitioning from a Chip Kelly team not a Mari(no O) team. 

Agreed... He apparently hasn't watch Oregon since 2016.

• Go Ducks! 1

This game scares me.  On the offense, BYU has a very good  line, really good receivers, and a very good quarterback.   On the defensive side, good linebackers, and returning talent all over.   I'm not sure how good their defensive line is or the talent in the secondary but they looked good against Baylor.  

If both teams play up to their capability, this could go down to the wire.   They have a definite advantage in experience which will really be beneficial in a tight game.   I'm hoping that they have a little bit of a let down after a really tough game last week.   We need a little Autzen magic on this one.

For us, on the defensive side this is game that Noah Sewell and Justin Flowe can make a difference (assuming Flowe plays),  as I think they will try to run the ball 50% of the time.   Go Ducks! 

• Go Ducks! 1

On 9/14/2022 at 11:44 AM, Quackerbacker said:

This game scares me.  On the offense, BYU has a very good  line, really good receivers, and a very good quarterback.  

For us, on the defensive side this is game that Noah Sewell and Justin Flowe can make a difference (assuming Flowe plays),  as I think they will try to run the ball 50% of the time.   Go Ducks! 

I believe they think they can exploit our D-line - and they might be right.  It could be a shootout and I have much trepidation over that.  BYU typically does very well in shootouts.  31-24 BYU.  Sorry, but I gotta call it as I see it going.

GO DUCKS!

After the past 4 years, every time I hear the word "physicality" I want to barf.

🤮

• Thumbs Up 1