Log Haulin

Flowe a Go?

Lanning states Flowe practiced and he "thinks " they will be at full strength come game day. Kinda blew over it from there. 

I Flowe can't play it's going to hurt. Even though linebacker play has been somewhat anemic, Flowe is a big loss. 

Flowe could be exceptional, but he is not there yet, IMHO.  But Jeffrey Bassa was a starter last year at that "Money" linebacker spot and can do the job superbly.  Plus you may see Jackson LaDuke get some time at that spot on running downs.  Keith Brown played at that position last year in the Ohio State game, so we have some veterans to fill in nicely, I believe.

Defense prevails_Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

If Justin Flowe is unable to play Saturday, that could be a real blow to Oregon containing BYU's running game.  If their running game gets going, our young secondary is going to have a long, difficult game trying to contain the passing game.  

Someone will need to step up and fill the gap left by Flowe, like Jeffrey Bassa or Micah Roth,  Jackson LaDuke or Keith Brown?  I dunno.  Roth has probably more playing time as a Junior College transfer than LaDuke or Brown have.

Edited by Mic

I haven't been impressed with Flowe so far.  He's got the aggression and the motor but after basically not playing for 2 years, his instincts are off.  It's going to take a while for him to regain them and become the the monster we know he should be.

On 9/15/2022 at 3:08 PM, kirklandduck said:

I haven't been impressed with Flowe so far.  He's got the aggression and the motor but after basically not playing for 2 years, his instincts are off.  It's going to take a while for him to regain them and become the the monster we know he should be.

Freddy Couples never had to practice, Allen Iverson hated to practice. Most people, even if they are extremely talented, need to practice, and play to reach their potential. Flowe, like most people, needs to practice and play, smartly I might add.

I am not sure the loss of Flowe, if he were to miss, would be a crippling loss for us. It certainly didn’t hinder the team last year at Ohio St. He has all the physical attributes, but his play has yet to match the expectations/hype. That might be an unfair statement considering he’s played in only a handful of games in a Duck uniform. Nonetheless, I hope the young man can stay healthy. 

I don't think this is going to be a thing. More important will be if our line can pressure Hall and still fill gaps and stop the run, and how well our secondary stops the pass. Sure, the linebacker corps needs to handle check-down receivers, but they have to know that was the case. I'm very interested in how our three defensive layers handle the BYU passing attack.

It may take him a while to reach his potential, but the potential of a Flowe and Sewell combination playing at the top of their potential is scary good.