DrJacksPlaidPants

A Nice Article On Mario Cristobal

This is a nice story on MC. I can appreciate why he went back to The U, but I don’t have to like the circumstances behind it. I still think that this week is one that will overwhelm him. Much like Stanford in 2018, Auburn in 2019, and Beavis in 2020; I predict that defeat will be snatched out of the jaws of victory.

WWW.ESPN.COM

With the return of the prodigal son, the Miami football team and local Miami community are rallying...

• Thumbs Up 1

Willie Taggart played HS Football in Florida.

Scott Frost Played HS Football in Nebraska.

Mario Cristobal played HS Football in Florida.

Sometimes a dream come true becomes a nightmare. 

Edited by nw777b
  • Mic drop 1

This guy reminds me of someone who ruined the Ducks' chances of going to the College Football Playoff, winning a Pac-12 championship, and appearing in the 2022 Rose Bowl. How did he do that? Indifference, inattention, and incompetence. 

Hard to cheer against the guy, but history isn't his friend when considering Oregon head coaches leaving our program.

Best of luck to Mario in breaking that streak. The decision seemed like a simple one.

I am glad he was able to be with his mom the last months of her life. That must have made the decision even easier, what any son should have done.

He also needs to try to make his dream job work out, it just isn't as easy as it seems, especially when you look at history. For some reason there is going to be a head wind against success the teams name seems to indicate. Can Mario tame the hurricane in front of him?

• Thumbs Up 1

“The decision seemed like a simple one.”

Agreed.

And, if we’re honest, most of us would have done the same thing.

• Thumbs Up 3

I appreciate what Cristobal did for Oregon but at the same time I am glad he is gone. 

I'm also glad that Miami payed US 8 million dollars in the process. 

FISHDUCK.COM

In the last five years Oregon has seen two head coaches leave for their dream jobs. Willie Taggart didn't even finish coaching the...

On 9/16/2022 at 6:51 AM, Haywarduck said:

Hard to cheer against the guy

Yeah, but I try to every Saturday

On 9/16/2022 at 10:16 AM, David Marsh said:

I appreciate what Cristobal did for Oregon but at the same time I am glad he is gone. 

So, on this Saturday, I will actually want Mari to beat Jimbo.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/16/2022 at 10:24 AM, 30Duck said:

So, on this Saturday, I will actually want Mari to beat Jimbo.

Well if Cristobal beat Jimbo I wouldn't be too surprised. But I would also expect Cristobal to drop a game or two that were surefire wins. 

Remember we did beat Ohio State but had a bunch of close calls in games that should have been blow outs. 

Glad he was a recruiter that brought great players with potential and maturity…

Glad to see the back of him… 

I would entertain a meteorite strike that takes out both teams (and the stadium)…