Mudslide

Where's the BEEF with JT Tuimoloau?

A couple of Rivals voters just predicted JTT  going to the Ducks.  Has anyone heard any good gossip as to what may be afoot?  1326738399_bouncesmiley.gif.af2c0a9406feb821e89d5bef776f3404.gif

• Like 1

I still rate our chances as "not-great," because once he visits Ohio State and Alabama...he will be blown away as all are after their visits.  He has been to Oregon...old stuff.

However, Justin Hopkins of ScoopDuck stated a few days ago that he is still predicting Oregon as the choice for JTT for two reasons that most would not think or or know.  (ScoopDuck is certainly worth the subscription, IMHO, and anything I write is days-old, long after all of his readers have read and discussed it.)

First...the longer this goes, the more often players do not want to travel far away for college, thus Oregon is the closest and easy for his family to come to games.

The second component is who the lead recruiter is....the guy who makes most of the contacts is Mario Cristobal himself, and he does not miss very often!

image.jpeg.a1b317ee94956ee2b9eac5f684b24a05.jpeg

This guy can run like a receiver and plays Defensive Line?  Whew!

Mr. FishDuck

Doesn't he know the 2021 season is coming ?? 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Charles Fischer said:

the guy who makes most of the contacts is Mario Cristobal himself, and he does not miss very often!

giphy.gif

I have no inside information, but Big Joe is from the same village, in Samoa, as JT's dad. This type of connection can't hurt and I think is under appreciated in Oregon's ability to recruit. Oregon goes after the parents like no other program.

Oregon does go after the recruit, but I think Oregon is especially effective at recruiting the parents also. With the Jaqua Center they can assure the parents that kids will have world class academic support. Compare our student center to any out there and students, especially parents come away impressed.

The other leg to the stool in assuring parents is the Marcus Mariota Center. Parents aren't just thinking about game day, they want to know their child will be taken care of physically. The MMSPC is another area where the parent is assured their little baby will be taken care of, better than anywhere, which is important.

So as we look at JTT's decision his outlook is of the upmost importance, but don't underestimate the way Oregon influences the parents. Cristobal is creating a culture where the student athlete feel like it is a family. The parents also feel that same emotion for different reasons. Another, under appreciated reason why Oregon is killing it on the recruiting trail.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Haywarduck said:

Another, under appreciated reason why Oregon is killing it on the recruiting trail.

Mario does all that you brought up, and that really puts a negative light on all the coaches before, who bought in to the idea tat it was just too hard to recruit to Oregon. Kelly had some good classes, but he generally saw recruiting as a necessary evil, never as a priority.

Mario shattered that myth as soon as he got here, by focusing on the areas you mentioned, and others, with enthusiasm and energy.